The office of the Vice President seeks an incumbent for the position of Protocol and events Coordinator Officer to organize and oversee all official visits connected with the Vice President s Office on the Abu Dhabi Campus of the University under the direction of the Manager, Administration and Protocol, Vice President s office, and to assist the Vice President in matters related to liaison with the Abu Dhabi Community.
• Support and advise the Director in planning,preparing and implementing all plans for visitors and events on the Abu Dhabi campus related to the Vice President s Office.
• Coordinate plans for welcoming, escorting and reviewing all protocol for all visitors for major events,lectures,campus visits and press conferences
• Greet and Welcome VIP guests and visitors andproject the image of Zayed University.
• Advise on the selection of gifts for the VP Office and, in special instances, purchase gifts for VIPs and guests of the VP Office.
• Accompany the vice President during VIP visits on the University campus and in the community.
• Liaise with the Publications Department regarding all printed materials and banners needed for events.
• Review event arrangements organized by other departments or colleges as requested to assure presentations meet the standards of the University.
• Follow up on special requests from the Vice President related to community matters, vendors, etc.
• Provide strategic communication to the Director of Administration regarding community- related events.
• Work successfully with event sponsors and partners.
• Provide strategic communication with members of the Government Communications Department as related to University activities.
• Monitor and advise on the gift inventory maintained by the Vice President s Office to determine the types and levels of gifts to be distributed for each event.
• Meet and greet guests at the airport and assure the guests are transported and seen to the airport when protocol so requires.
• A Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for the required education with a minimum of 4 years of experience in protocol matters and coordinating events.
• Desired skills:
• Must be able to work hours outside of the usual schedule and travel out of town on occasion for meetings or events.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
• Must have strong decision-making skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and to bring many varied tasks to completion by deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently, have the ability to use university procedures to accomplish the job and the ability to use initiative in meeting objectives.
The University s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.