A Public Relations Officer is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of immigration related tasks within the Department of Labour and Immigration Services in compliance with Qatar Labor Law and applicable regulations of Hilton's newest resort and entertainment complex in Qatar. The Salwa Beach Resort is to become one of the largest resorts in the Middle East. It spreads along a 3.5km pristine beach front on the southwest coast of Qatar. Managed by Hilton, it will have 362 hotel rooms and residential units with private beaches, a world-class leisure and waterpark, sports club, marina, dive center, health club, spa, restaurants, cinemas and retail space. The resort is scheduled to open in 2020 and can be found on Google and YouTube under its working title 'Salwa Beach Resort'.
What will I be doing?
As Public Relations Officer, you will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
Manage the allocated petty cash expenditure through maintaining original receipts and through timely preparation of expense reports
• Process government transactions and organize visits to government agencies in an efficient and timely manner to minimize cost and avoid penalties and additional fees
• Establish and maintain productive working relationships with key and operational government offices including: Ministry of Interior, Municipality, Ministry of Economy and Commerce, Ministry of Business and Trade, Consumer Protection Department, Customs, Airport Authorities and other Ministries and agencies, in order to assist with the efficient processing and approval of requests and formalities
• Work closely with HR and Administration teams to ensure the timely completion and execution of relevant government and administrative formalities
• Obtain necessary approval from management for issuing exit permits to staff as and when required
• Resolve immigration related issues in a timely manner
• Attend to employee queries regarding details of immigration formalities, and entitlements
• Process immigration requirements in the most effective and efficient manner to expedite on boarding of new employees
• Update relevant business areas with issues, risks, and statuses of immigration/government processes and provide relevant solutions
• Ensure immigration processes are completed in minimal time including Resident Permits, Drivers Licenses, Visas, CID procedures etc
• Maintain employee files and documents relevant to immigrationMaintain relevant forms for all types of immigration transactions