The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally-driven, organizational and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces. Since our inception in 2004, we have supported over 60 education-focused organizations such as primary schools, government ministries, vocational training entities, universities, and education non-profit organizations worldwide.
Scope and Objectives
The Kaizen Company is responding to the release of a Request for Proposals for USAID/Jordan s Enhancing School Management and Planning (ESMP) Project, which aims to improve the time and budget management as well as overall quality of the school environment in Jordan by enhancing the planning, oversight, and operation and maintenance capabilities of the Ministries of Education (MOE) and Public Works and Housing (MPWH).
Kaizen is seeking a Procurement Specialist to support the project s main objective to improve the existing management systems and procedures used by the Government of Jordan (GOJ), through the MOE and MPWH, for the planning, construction, and utilization of public schools in Jordan.
This position is located in Amman, Jordan.
• Work with the program technical team to plan activities, develop and deliver training and mentoring, and conduct studies specific to Government of Jordan procurement processes within the MPWH and MOE
• Provide technical expertise and support capacity building in public sector procurement
• Conduct assessments of MOE and MPWH procurement processes and supporting systems
• Support creation of capacity development plans, performance-based position descriptions, business process re-engineering (BPR) exercises, etc. to support more efficient and effective procurement in the MOE and MPWH
• Support the DCOP and Capacity Building Specialist in other areas as required in the successful implementation of the program, including reporting on work areas
• A bachelor s degree from an accredited institution; a master s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field is preferred
• A minimum of 7-10 years experience in public sector procurement, ideally with the Government of Jordan
• Experience in working with the Jordanian MPWH and/or MOE, evidenced by strong networks within one or both Ministries
• Experience in preparing and delivering training and training materials
• Excellent writing ability
• Fluency in English and Arabic
• Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts and senior-level staff
• Must be a Jordanian National
Industry Type :
General Trading / Export / Import
Functional Area :