The Government Communication Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Publications Specialist to provide oversight and content creation to produce publications and other materials that give information about and create visibility for Zayed University in English and Arabic, both for digital and print.
• Under the direction of the Marketing and Publications manager, works closely with individual University departments, colleges and units to develop content of main ZU institutional publications (such as college brochures, student and faculty handbooks, catalog, etc..) and non- institutional publications
• Reviews, edits, and proofreads digital and print publications
• Reviews, edits, and updates ZU s website content in Arabic and English as and when needed
• Provides publications support for events by creating content for invitations, programs, advertisements, videos, Web content, etc., and coordinating design
• Assists the Web Content Developer in monitoring and creating content for the University Web site (Arabic & English)
• Drafts required MPD- related policies in line with ZU s policies and procedures
• Drafts required MPD-related digital strategies and Media/Marketing plans in line with ZU s mission and objectives
• Coordinates with ZU s Media team to generate web-friendly news articles based on published press releases in Arabic & English
• Creates content for Social Media posts and Digital platforms
• Must possess a bachelor s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution. At least four years experience in public relations, publications, content or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, skill or experience. Must have Superior command of both written and oral English & Arabic
• Desired or preferred requirements:
• Experience in a university environment is a plus.
• Knowledge of graphic design software is a plus
• Highly computer literate, with strong knowledge MS Office suite
The University s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.