Our world is your playground. Be part of a unique upscale hospitality culture never seen in Doha. We are looking for a talented Purchasing Coordinatornbsp to join our pre-opening team.
PULLMAN DOHA WEST BAY QATAR opening in the heart of Doha Q4 - 2018!
Pullman is vibrant and dynamic with over 80 upscale hotels in prime destinations of the world's most exciting cities, from Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. Part of AccorHotels, the world's leading hotel operator with more than 4000 addresses, Pullman is a tailor-made concept for global entrepreneurs in today's hyper-connected world.
The global nomad is Pullman s representation of the new generation of travelers and business leaders. Hyper-connected and sophisticated explorers, the world is their playground and every moment is an opportunity.
Set to be the Middle East flagship, Pullman Doha West Bay is a 5-star hotel featuring 375 stylish rooms and 93 refined serviced apartments, in a stunning 47 high-rise modern tower. With spectacular views of the West Bay area, the most prominent district of Doha, the hotel offers nine innovative gastronomic concepts, state-of-the-art event center, unique spa and fitness facilities with pool, terrace and a definite design identity.
Join our cosmopolitan team and be part of this fascinating adventure.
We believe that empowerment and continuous improvement are the stepping stones to excellence, for which we give our team opportunities for skill enhancement and international careers.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader with extensive experience in hotel pre-opening; mature, creative, focused, committed and passionate about the trade. Apply today!
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Materials professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Purchasing Coordinator you are responsible for procuring according to set procedures all daily system allocated and authorized purchase requests whether storeroom or direct items to the best interest of the property, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Check the system daily and complete all administrative procedures concerning allocated received requests and orders
• Check queries and request clarifications or any concerns regarding received purchase request data, descriptions,units, quantities and specifications
• Request and negotiate best price quotations, ensuring best quality for all received orders and forward same for approval, while ensuring the best delivery schedule
• Handle timely the daily market list, allocating orders, checking new items included for price and availability, ensuring approvals for onward vendor order confirmation
• Check and ensure that all approved and authorized purchase orders are timely forwarded (faxed or delivered) to the concerned vendors
• Verify and follow up on all pending orders (approved and under approval) through system reports and / or by reporting any concern
• Investigate and clarify price, quantity and quality discrepancies with the approved order being reported upon delivery by the vendors
• Review and update all personally entered (locked) price quotations, quote validity and supplier's data in the system.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree with previous experiences in stores, purchasing and receiving, preferable within a hotel environment. Good Command of English communication skills and computer literacy are essential, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM an asset.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be an analytical, pragmatic thinker with the ability to process information and merchandise through computer systems. You are able to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment and maintain a fair, consistent set of standards. You are proactive and flexible, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results
Tax free salary and benefits package include initial flight, annual flight home, accommodation, bonus, medical insurance, 30 vacations days per year and other great benefits
If you are experienced in the above-related fields and looking for exceptional and challenging opportunities, apply now to be part of this exciting journey.
Please note: only candidates matching above minimum requirements will be considered!