Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
• The Purchasing Lead is responsible for purchasing highly complex or unusual, technical, or high value materials, supplies, or services. Evaluates bids, selects, and recommends suppliers and negotiates price, quality, and service. Supports Procurement Expediting team in following up on all awards through completion of order when disciplinary type actions or change orders are required.
• Supports Procurement Expediting team coordinating with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations, and engineering change orders. Oversees and/or conducts supplier site visits as necessary. Provides work leadership for lower level employees. May be assigned higher value tasks with oversight from senior management level staff.
• Work Location is Dubai, UAE with potential travel up to 25%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work independently with minimal supervision under the direction of the Procurement or Purchasing Manager.
• Maintains a working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and standard commercial procurement practices
• Review all COR packages and high priority requisitions for completeness.
• Reviews purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtains additional information considered necessary.
• Develops sourcing lists for various commodities to support the development of:
• Requests for Information (RFIs)
• Requests for Quotation (RFQs)
• Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
• Invitations to Bid
• Interviews of potential suppliers.
• Reviews solicitation responses and performs relevant analyses based on a variety of factors:
• Price and cost
• Statement of Work conformity
• Delivery and payment terms
• Stock holding abilities
• Past performance
• Serves as a business advisor to internal customers, providing alternative solutions to requested items when such solution would provide a benefit to the Company (i.e. enhanced performance, cost savings, or positive schedule impact).
• Negotiates all aspects of the procurement to include price, payment and delivery terms, quality requirements, and other factors with suppliers to achieve the best value procurement possible.
• Generates Purchase Orders in final form for approval and signature.
• Prepares and maintains a complete Purchase Order file in accordance with Federal Acquisition policies, Corporate Procurement guidance, and other applicable references to ensure compliance throughout the procurement cycle.
• Procures using streamlined acquisition methods adopted by the Company.
• Commercially and administratively manages the procurement process from order placement through receipt of products and subsequent payment of invoices, coordinating closely with the Procurement Expediting Team.
• Actively manages supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions.
• Coordinates with Procurement Expediting to resolve discrepancies between purchase orders and receipt documents and invoices, up to and including executing change orders, enforcing liquidated damages, or recommending temporary suspension, in some cases.
• Participates in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, and assists in resolving issues, as necessary.
• Plans, organizes, prioritizes and performs multiple tasks to perform job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
• Works professionally in a team environment and independently as necessary
• Provides leadership and oversight to less experienced Buyers.
• May have supervisory responsibilities over less senior purchasing staff
• Identifies problems, analyzes alternatives, and develops viable recommendations.
• Reads, comprehends and interprets written materials of moderate to complex difficulty.
• Composes written materials of moderate to complex difficulty on procurement-related issues.
• Acts with integrity at all times when representing the Company
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• 5-7 years of prior experience with international procurement activities performed in conflict and/or post-conflict regions of the world
• BA/BS degree in business or related field
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to analyze data, and generate meaningful reports
• Demonstrated ability to understand purchasing and accounting data
• Proficiency in the Costpoint ERP platform (experience with similar systems is acceptable)
• Experience working under an approved Federal Contractor s Purchasing System (highly desired)
• Eligible for an MRPT Clearance
• Language Skills: Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is not required.
• Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Clearly and concisely articulate services/requirements in writing
• Knowledge of local market practices, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
• Experience in Cost Point and Maximo.
• Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
• Knowledge of principles and processes involved in operating and supporting Procurement functions.
• Experience providing excellent customer services.
• Rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
Industry Type :
General Trading / Export / Import
Functional Area :
Logistics / Supply Chain