Note: The candidate must have a valid work experience within a Five Star Hotel in the Purchasing Department.
• Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
• Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
• Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
• Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
• A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
• Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
• Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
• Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
• Ensures that all authorised or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
• Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier s new current price lists are maintained.
• Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
• Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
• Obtains written approval for established Minimum / Maximum stock levels by the financial controller and general manager.
• Checks, explain if needed and approves delivered items discrepancy report issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
• Approves all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
• Verify the 'pending orders' report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
• On a daily basis prepare the list of to be cancelled orders and sent to accounts for deletion, with appropriate reasons.
• Issues regularly slow moving item lists.
• Identifies items for standing orders utilising vendor's logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
• Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
• Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
• Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
• Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
• Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
• Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorised issue requests).
• Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
• Spot checks storeroom requests if properly maintained, verifies quantity requested and issued, proper items received by signatories & ID availability.
• Spot-checks entered system quotations, period validity quotes locked by, etc.
• Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to the hygiene of goods delivered.
• Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
• Liaison with the Assistant Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Coordinator, Receiving Agent, Stores Supervisor and F&B Cost Controller
• Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
Nationality: Any (Preferably Indian)
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent