Provide support and co-ordinate with all site staff on all issues in the course of projects as and when required. Assist the project team directing and managing the implementation of the Project Quality Management System requirements to ensure reliable and effective services for company in order to pave the way for the achievement and maintenance of industry related, local and international quality standards (e.g. ISO, QCS2007) and implementation.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Review the tender & IFC drawings and discrepancies to be reported to PM/RE/Sr. Electrical/ELV Engineer of the proje• Review quality documents submitted by the Contractors such as Project Quality Plan, Method Statement, and Inspection and test Plans (ITP’s) and ensure that these documents are conforming to project, and all statutory and legal requirements.
• Ensure documentation of policies, standards, procedures and manuals for reference and implementation for the project. Monitor that the project documentations are all updated and properly maintained.
• Ensure the quality of workmanship at site if they adhere to the procedures detailed on the approved method statement, inspection & test plans, project contract requirements or related technical recommendation by the manufacturer.
• Ensure reference to the latest approved shop drawings at site at the time of execution by creating clear and updated records that can be easily access by the project team.
• Review the material submittals against its compliance with the project specifications and keep updated on its status of approval.
• Establish and implement material management procedure for the project from submission, delivery, inspection, testing, acceptance, and safe storage for all materials.
• Conduct a periodic inspection and monitoring on site for all on-going activities to ensure that the works are being done in compliance with the approved drawings, specifications, agreed procedures, and to legal and statutory requirements.
• Issue and administer all Quality Observations and Non-conformance Report (NCR) for the project and ensure that contractors are rectifying the reported quality issues for its proper close-out.
• Prepare a trend analysis of all project related quality issues to identify areas that requires improvement.
• Give suggestions for improvement based on the result of trend analysis or conduct/arrange necessary training to mitigate and prevent re-occurrence of the problem.
• Prepare periodic report on project quality related issues to ensure regular reporting and feedback.
• Coordinate in preparation of handing-over documents such As-built drawings, Operation & Maintenance Manual, Test & Certificates, Warranty & Guarantee Certificates and other important handing-over documents as stated on the contract requirements.
• Develop a QA/QC review report in a form of Lesson Learnt Document, which could be used to improve the next project, where new strategies could be implemented for improvement.
• Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of quality systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
• Report Health Safety Environment violations, identified hazards and its risk of getting harm, accident and incident, near miss incident and any HSE matters that requires further attention and action, to the Project Manager and RE/CE/HSE.
• Participation and compliance on all Health Safety Environment programs being implemented.
• HSE awareness for emergency action plan and duty of care.
• Any other duties required for the successful completion of works.
• Continuous professional development by attending related seminars, technical workshop, etc.
• Provide support to Senior Electrical/ELV Engineer and other concern parties to ensure projects are running smoothly in areas of Electrical/ELV engineering works by providing expert knowledge and advice.
• Liaises with and supervises contractor to ensure works are performed as per contract documents.
• Provide support to Project Managers to ensure projects are executed smoothly in areas of quality management system by providing expert knowledge and advice.