Ensures that the quality of engineering, procurement, construction and installation of new equipment, modifications and repairs for Plant facilities are in compliance to Codes, Standards and Specification requirements by proper Technical reviews of Purchase requisitions, Technical bid evaluations, responding to Technical queries, review of Vendor/Contractor documents, co-ordinating with TPI agency, performing Receiving Inspection and to co-ordinate end users, to resolve day-to-day technical queries/issues pertaining to Materials inspection.
Reports to the Lead of Plant QA/QC
Supports Supply department (Buyers), Planners, RMES division and Warehouse for Materials related functions and queries.
Supports other QAQC personnel in the team and Asset Maintenance for welding inspection and related QAQC functions.
He shall be responsible, competent and capable for technical review of Material Stock Descriptions for pressure retaining equipment (Mech-Static), parts and spares. The review is to ensure technical correctness and completeness of material description (with respect to the attached documents) with reference to the drawings, specifications, as applicable.
2. Evaluate technical bids for the pressure retaining equipment (Mech-Static), materials, spares and allied activities and provide comments/report, as applicable. Prepare and maintain a systematic record of review comments on Stock descriptions and Technical Bid Evaluations, for proper documentation and easy retrieval.
3. Evaluate and perform assessment of manufacturers/vendors based on their profile, documentation, certification reviews, obtain authentic information about manufacturers through internet searches and other reviews, prepare reports and propose for approval.
4. Interpret applicable Material standards, specifications, technical data sheets, project specifications, and P.O. requirements etc. to evaluate the acceptance of jobs or supplied materials.Have a good understanding of metallurgy/materials, components manufacturing process, pressure vessel fabrication, able to troubleshoot material/welding/NDT related issues, resolve queries and provide advice for QA/QC matters related to procurement of materials and equipment.
6. Develops Welding Procedures for Company works, QA/QC plans, Method Statements, QA/QC requirements for Scope of Work, conducts or directs related Quality Control activities for weld repairs/modification jobs/procurements.
7. Review and approve QA/QC documents (Inspection & Test Plans, Welding Procedures, Welder Qualification Records, Procedures, Method Statements, etc.) from vendors/contractors for material/equipment procurement or maintenance repairs/projects.
Plan and conduct periodic review/technical audit of suppliers and contractors Quality Management systems and performstechnical evaluations..
9. Perform metallurgical failure analysis on new or in-service materials/components that has failed to establish the cause of failure and recommendations.
10. Provide/supervise QA/QC activities (Welding/PMI/painting/NDT/hydrostatic test, etc.) as per specifications for weld repairs/modification activities on Company equipment or facilities, at Company sites or Contractor premises.
11. Co-ordinate for TPI inspections at vendor premises, review TPI reports and provide final clearance prior to shipment of static equipment.
12. Undertake additional specific inspection related duties/ special tasks as directed by Supervisor.
Bachelor s degree in Metallurgy (or Mechanical Engineering with good knowledge in Metallurgy).
Additional professional qualification in Welding, NDT & Material fields.
Experience in conducting Quality systems Audit, with Lead Auditor course certification from reputed agencies and assessing technical capability of vendors/manufacturers..10 years experience in
o Engineering, Fabrication, Inspection and Testing of Pressure Retaining Equipment including Storage tanks, Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers and Piping,
o Materials & Metallurgy, Welding, NDT and Failure Analysis, Vendor Quality Audits/assessment.
o Preparation/review of QA/QC documentation, procedures, etc.
o Operating Petrochemical / Oil & Gas plants, or, Fabrication Shop/Erection sites for Oil & Gas projects, out of which at least 5 years should be in lead/supervisory position.
Certifications for, Painting and Pressure vessel/piping/storage tank inspection or other relevant subjects will be advantageous.
Good knowledge in International Codes, Standards and Specifications and reputed Oil & Gas sector Company practices/project specifications is required.