• Serve as an expert resource to the business to develop and qualify extending ultimately to cover products for use in Explosive Atmospheres. (ATEX, IECEx, NEPSI)
• Good all round technical knowledge and a sound fundamental knowledge of quality assurance methods amounting to knowledge and understanding of document control, design changes, verification, validation, acceptance and approval activities.
• Advanced experience with the establishment and maintenance of a local quality management system. (ISO 9001;2015)
• Knowledge of production processes i.e. a broad knowledge of various manufacturing and assembly processes associated with such products.
• Good level of Electrical and Electromechanical knowledge
• Advanced knowledge of internationally acknowledged QMS including Quality systems, e-tools and procedures to drive process quality improvements and leverage statistical tools for evaluation of process is desirable.
• A deep understanding of quality assurance process: preparation and approval of Manufacturing Process Plan, Product & Process Quality Plan, Product Quality Reviews, verification of quality documentation, monitoring compliance, and conduct of Product and Process Qualification is desirable.
• Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating and institutionalizing a culture of simplification and standardization including supplier and co-operation partner development and qualification. Taking on and sharing and institutionalizing best practices.
• Develop a mutually beneficial relationship with Customers and the Assembly Organization whilst maintaining compliance, whereby the role holder shall identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
• Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
• Identify and help to resolve existent or potential capacity bottlenecks at the supplier.
• Communicate effectively with the governing Sales region and the Operative Functions, predominantly situated in Detmold in Germany on progress, status and issues.
• Work with Production Associates and Engineers to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design
• Personnel management:
o Manage, develop and evaluate employees in accordance to Weidmüller principles.
o Special tasks when allocated as necessary.
o Occasional visits to Europe and Asia are to be foreseen.
o If the role holder migrates into the role of a Field
Services / Sales Support Engineer then more extensive
travel may be required, up to 50%.
• Reporting Line:
o Locally directly upward to the Site General Manager.
o Functionally to the Global Head of Quality Assurance in
Customer Specific Assembly Business.