To plan and execute inspections of ship repairs (hull, machinery, electrical, piping and painting) in order to ensure compliance with quality standards, international and Oman Drydock Company’s (ODC) standards, procedures and project specifications.
Key ACCOUNTABILITIES -
Management of Inspection Application and Planning
Refer to Client Specification, Electrical / Machinery Plan and Drawing Review
Inspection Planning w/ OR and CS
NCI (Non-conformity Items), Inspection comments and Sea trial comments Handling.
Discussion and negotiation of comment rectification with Owner Representative and Class Societies.
Shop Tests (Alternators, Mainswitchboards)
Planning and Discussion with Production Team with regards to Electric/ Machinery Quality Plan.
Preparation of Delivery Documents (Equipment Certificates, Test Reports).
Preparation of daily service and end of work reports.
Technical experience: mechanical, hydraulic, hull structures and electrical.
Carry out QA/QC work for ship repair : Attend Piping / Structural & Welding Inspection:
Review of contractor’s quality manual, Inspection test plan, shop drawings.
Welding procedure specifications (WPS), welding procedure qualification.
Review records (PQR), Welder performance certificates, NDT procedures.
Verification of personal’s/Firm certification for suppliers.
Review of material mill test certificates and verification of raw materials and welding consumables, select test samples and witness mechanical.
Incoming Material Inspection / MTC review for pipes, pipe fittings.
Material, Pipe, plates and valves traceability Records as per Requirements,
Review of welding consumables as per the relevant WPS.
Visual Inspection for after Welding and dimensional inspection,
Weld Summary Report, Fit-Up and Visual Report, NDT Report
Able to lead team to conduct lifeboat, davit and other lifesaving appliances inspection on board vessel / Shipyard.
Official On-board Inspection w/ Owner’s Representative and Classification Society Surveyors. Inspections are as follows
• Cable Installations
• Cable Tray Installations
• Alarm and Monitoring System Inspection (AMS).
• Generator and Emergency Generator Safety and Alarm Tests
• Main switchboard and Emergency Switchboard Safety and Alarm Tests.
• Mooring Trial (Main Engine Safety, Alarms and function tests)
• Sea Trial (Black-out Test, Bridge maneuvering test, AUT/UMS/EO
• (Unmanned Machinery System) test
• Emergency Stop, Stand-by and Sequential start for pumps and Fans
• Fire detection and alarm system and Water Ingress Alarm System
• Steering Gear safety and alarm test
• Navigational, Signal, and Emergency Lightings
• Intercommunication (Auto-telephone, common battery telephone, watertight door
• indications, Water Ingress Alarm, Public address system)
• Instrumentation and control.
• Tank Level Gauge & Temperature Sensors.
• Inspection of M/E components (Clearances)
• Inspection of Auxiliary Engines.
• Rotating Machines (Motors)