The Quality Control Specialist (15S/15T/15R) assists in the aviation maintenance mission of the Royal Saudi Land Forces Aviation Command (RSLFAC).
• Augments the Aviation Intermediate Maintenance (AVIM) Company Quality Control Section in the establishment of quality control programs, job time reporting, aircraft modification and configuration control and coordination of aircraft flight requirement with using activity.
• Augments the AVIM Company Quality Control Section in coordinating and directing activities between maintenance and supply sections to provide harmonious and effective mission accomplishment. Ensures the authorized quality plans and programs are properly executed and the Quality Control Officer is kept informed of overall results, conditions, and trends.
• Augments the AVIM Company Quality Control Officer in planning, developing, publishing, and implementing of sound quality control maintenance procedures for the effective administration, supervision, and operation of the aircraft quality control activities. Assists in the scheduling of quality control activities to provide maximum availability of safe, flyable aircraft through efficient utilization of personnel.
• Assists the AVIM Company Quality Control Officer in the preparation, analysis, and coordination of quality control data within the Group/Battalion Staffs and RSLFAC Staff Representatives to establish and/or change procedures.
• Assists the AVIM Company Quality Control Officer in the preparation of recurring and nonrecurring reports depicting production data. Coordinates the dissemination of appropriate production information throughout the RSLFAC.
• Assists the AVIM Company Quality Control Officer in developing, publishing, and implementing sound quality control maintenance procedures for the effective administration, supervision, and operation of the aircraft maintenance activities.
• Provides backup quality control inspection of the UH-60, AH-64, and the 406CS (OH-58D) series helicopters at the AVUM/AVIM levels.
• Performs other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Must have demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written. Must be fluent in the English language.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand Arabic is desirable.
• Knowledge of Army AVUM, AVIM and Depot level logistics support that includes repair and overhaul procedures for airframes, engines, and components.
• Knowledge in supply, maintenance, quality control, production control, and safety.
• Must be able to obtain a valid light equipment operator s license.
Experience & Education
• High school diploma required.
• Must have at least six (6) years of recent experience in a US Army aircraft organization.
• Must have at least two (2) years in management of a quality control section.
• US Army 15S, 15R or 15T Technical Inspector Course completion or equivalent or be a former Maintenance Test pilot on the AH-64, UH-60, or 406CS/OH-58D.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Must be able to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
• Frequently lift parts and equipment up to 20 pounds.
• Occasionally lift objects up to 50 pounds.
• Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
• Must be immediately deployable to potential combat areas worldwide.
• As required in support of task order.