The Quality Superintendent is responsible for implementation and compliance of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Programs in accordance with ISO, contract specifications and the Quality Management System for the site designated. This is the lead Quality Assurance role at designated site and is responsible for oversight of all quality activities. Will lead and direct the Quality Control Inspectors (QCI) and Collateral Duty Inspectors (CDI) in conducting product quality inspections. Reviews and monitors the DynCorp Quality Control Program (QCP) at the site ensuring QC Inspectors maintain standards IAW the Performance Work Statement (PWS), Technical Orders/Manuals and ISO Standards. Carries out all duties in accordance with DynCorp International ISO 9001 Quality and 14001 Environmental Standards.
• Coordinates the Quality Department and its Auditors/inspectors to ensure successful and effective completion of required audits IAW Internal Audit procedure and industry standards.
• Ensures site compliance with Document Control system.
• Disseminates information and quality documentation to and from all sites, including Contractor Officer Representative (COR) outbriefs and Quality directives, and ensures cross tell is accomplished.
• Provides guidance and advice to the Site Manager on significant changes to the quality management system that have a direct impact on site operations.
• Facilitates Root Cause analysis discovery for site level Non Conformance Reports (NCRs) and ensure corrective action and preventive action are acceptable and approves NCR prior to input in QMS.
• Tracks, monitors and controls site inputs into the quality system ensuring compliance with QMS.
• Provides continuous development training to site level Internal Auditors.
• Provides oversight of SIF/QCIF program ensuring that site personnel are correctly managing these quality processes
• Processes, evaluates and submits on time, completed NCRs, Preventative Action Request (PARs), Self Inspections and audit reports to PMQ.
• Professionally liaises with CORs and assist them with Quality issues.
• Prepares reports and generates metrics as necessary to understand and communicate site compliance of QMS.
• Provides supervision, direction and training to all QC Inspectors under their supervision.
• Reviews and assists in the development of Quality Control SOPs and Work Instructions (WI) as needed to ensure QC processes and requirements are well defined and clearly articulated to subordinate QCIs.
• Ensures the completion of maintenance forms such as work orders, parts request sheets and maintenance sheets and trains others in the proper documentation procedures.
• Ensures safety practices and housekeeping are maintained to the highest standard.
• Checks repairs to ensure the highest quality repair standards are met.
• Check to make sure that only current up-to-date Technical Orders and commercial manuals are used when repairing items.
• Performs random In-Process and Final Product inspections on Production, Inspection, and Maintenance operations.
• Randomly reviews production and inspection schedules, work orders and historical records to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
• Performs random inspections on tools, shop equipment, safety equipment and protective clothing.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Understanding of ISO concepts and requirements.
• Ability to assess policies, procedures, and processes for compliance with ISO 9001:2008 standards is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Ability to research technical data and to interpret drawings, technical manuals, and directives.
• Proficient in inspection application, engineering interpretation, technical research, and Quality Deficiency Reporting (QDR) is desired.
• Ability to interpret and implement procedures for compliance with ISO 9001 Standards is essential.
• Computer literate and capable of producing analysis reports and spreadsheets using Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint).
• Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language. Ability to communicate professionally in English, written and verbally, is mandatory.
• Must be able to produce clear, concise written reports (findings and recommendations) in English.
• Familiar with OSHA/AFOSH standards and industrial safety practices.
• Good organizational and communication skills, particularly in dealing with subordinates.
• Must possess a valid local driver s license.
Experience & Education
• Must successfully pass Lead Auditor course if not already achieved prior to hire.
• Five (5) years experience in quality assurance and quality control fields with auditing experience.
• Five (5) years experience in an engineering, maintenance or logistics discipline.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Must be able to work in hot arid environment, workshops and other maintenance areas that will be evaluated.
• May be required to travel to other sites to conduct audits or attend conferences (25%).