Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,500 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com . Follow us on LinkedIn
We require a Media Engineer / RAC Tester t o help provide a complete and comprehensive media check on our content and system functionality for our middle eastern clients this is based on the monthly processes and protocols as outlined below. We require attention to detail and concise communication which is key to ensuring a quality content product is delivered on time. This role requires good computer literacy and organizational skills and the successful candidate must also have excellent language, grammar and communications skills in both English and Arabic, this is vital to the success of this role. Would consider media graduates or someone from a media background.
• Chase and monitor delivery of media encodes on a day by day basis
• Responsible for spotting and reporting any issues spotted at a testing facility
• Following compliance measures for regional sensitivity
• Capacity to work individually or as part of a team depending on the task s requirements.
• Compiling the media files for the update cycles and checking for any defects.
• Patience and an analytical approach to tasks and problem solving
• Testing media alongside the third-party software to ensure functionality before releasing to our clients.
• Assisting with the training of other team members to expand their product knowledge.
• Ensuring that agreed operational guidelines are adhered to rigorously without deviation.
• Liaising both, in person, and via electronic communication with third parties and clients to facilitate a common goal.
• Responsible for on time media delivery
• High level of experience with MS Office Word, Excel, Access
• High level of English grammar and spelling
• High level of Arabic grammar, spelling and culture
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Patience and an analytical approach to tasks and problem solving .
• General knowledge of popular TV, movies and audio
• Ability to interact with customers and resolve problems
• Ability to co-ordinate with different teams and manage deadlines
• Strategic thinking in planning and organizing
• High level of attention to detail
• An ability to plan, prioritize and organize my own workload.