Leidos is seeking Radar Engineers with comprehensive knowledge in surveillance radars; radar subsystems and interfacing equipment (e.g., antennas, processors, height computers, monitoring, data transmission, 3-dimensional radar plot extractors, power systems, etc.); interfacing radars in an air defense network; and familiarity with current Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) systems (e.g., TPS-43, TPS-72, FPS-117, etc.) to support the RSAF in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The training specialist will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
The Radar Engineer shall perform work that involves applying radar knowledge and technical expertise to support operations, sustainment and modifications, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Advising and assisting the RSAF in all aspects of radar engineering
• Studying existing systems and operations to identify potential new systems or system upgrades
• Managing modifications from early stages of implementation to completion
• Design and development of training material and conduct of training, including OJT IAW the RSAF Structured OJT Program RSAF 105 Series Manuals
• Attend meetings and conferences and prepare/present briefings as required
• Performing intermediate level maintenance as required
• Supporting Mobile Maintenance Team (MMT) functions and travel to remote radar sites to perform specialized maintenance, trouble shooting, and training
• MA/MS and 12 years of experience in E&E systems; OR BA/BS and 15 years of experience in E&E systems; OR 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications in lieu of degree. Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
• Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
• Arabic language proficiency.