2018 NEW VACANCIES - Recruiting INTERNATIONAL PHYSICIANS for 3 Year Contract in Doha Qatar. Qatar's leading healthcare provider is embarking on one of the most exciting and ambitious master facility plans ever seen in international healthcare, with an extensive range of new facilities opening soon or being planned for future years. Physicians working at the Medical Group are part of a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals providing the highest quality of patient care to the residents of Qatar. With opportunities to obtain faculty appointments with the leading medical school in the region, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, the attractions of considering a new career with the medical group are enormous. The opportunities for teaching and medical research in addition to providing the highest level of clinical care to patients in high class and state of the art facilities are just some of the professionally rewarding aspects of joining the team. Physicians will be provided with exciting and rewarding opportunities to work in one of the existing eight general and specialty hospitals or one of the new specialist facilities that will soon be operational all of which come under the umbrella of the Medical Group. If you would like to be part of the team and feel your qualifications, skills and experience is a good match for this position we encourage you to contact us.
The specialist works in a team setting and is accountable to the Consultant, Section Head and/or Department Chair. The Specialist acts under the guidance of the Consultant in the provision of clinical service and supports the Consultant in their duties. The specialist participates in the management of patients to the extent of his/her delineation of privileges.
Research is a key and integral component to the Corporation s Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute and support on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
The specialist is responsible for organizing, monitoring and maintaining the services provided within the department in order to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources.
1. Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs.
2. Performs all duties assigned to a specialist physician
3. Acquires SCH License to practice and maintains it while working for the medical group.
4. Completes and maintains his set of clinical privileges.
5. Performs all relevant patient-care clinical interventions related to his/her field of specialization to the extent of his/her delineation of privileges.
6. Makes daily rounds for inpatients in the department and evaluates patient care-related activities as assigned by the consultant and/or chairperson of the department.
7. Provides care to old and new patients in the specialized clinics as assigned by the consultant, and presents new cases, when required, to the consultant
8. Performs on-call duties as assigned by his/her supervisors.
9. Provides guidance, counsel and consultation to other departments when requested.
10. Confers and discusses patient progress reports and any concerns related to management of patient with the consultant attending the patient.
11. Writes, completes and approves medical records and reports for patients, including but not limited to history and physical, progress notes, operative report, consultation note, transfer summary, discharge summary, death summary, etc.
12. Carries out practical training, academic responsibilities and scientific research as directed by the department head/chairperson.
13. Participates in health education programs through orientation and scientific presentations.
14. Assumes supervisory responsibility for the performance of his/her subordinates in the assigned department or service.
15. Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the Consultant/Section Head/Department Chair and approved by the Medical Director.
16. Ensure self and member of the Investigation Team are properly trained. Compile with the policies systems and processes in place that governs research.
17. Ensure patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities.