Data Center Virtualization Engineers support the enterprise virtual infrastructure for all sites within the RCC-SWA Area of Responsibility and provide optimization, administration and technical documentation for the enterprise virtual infrastructure. DCSEs resolve enterprise-level change requests and act as the top-level of support escalation for all enterprise virtualization support issues. Principal technical areas include VMware, NetApp, Cisco UCS, Microsoft Servers and related virtualization, storage, networking, and monitoring technologies.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Enterprise-level support for VMware virtualization technologies including VMware ESXi, vCenter, vCOPS, vRealize, and SRM. Top-tier support for escalated issues and complex projects. Daily monitoring of all enterprise virtualization for integrity, reliability, resource utilization and availability. Periodic reports on virtual resource capacity and utilization as well as system uptime, performance, and troubleshooting/MTTR. Log review and issue reporting related to monitoring of temperature and overall virtualization health throughout the RCC-SWA AOR.
2. Experienced with configuration and provisioning of VMs, ESXi hosts, and VCSAs. Proficient in the planning, installation, configuration, and upgrades of the virtual network infrastructure. The top-tier of support for virtualization projects and solutions related to backup, disaster recovery, virtual networking, HA, performance monitoring, firmware/software upgrades, and system audit tasks.
3. Documentation for Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) for configuring and managing the virtual environment including virtual networking, physical hosts, VMs, access control, resource monitoring and management, HA, fault tolerance and scalable virtualization infrastructure.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.