The Exchange Systems Engineer II supports the warfighter in a multinational coalition environment across Southwest Asia in a highly demanding environment. The candidate must be able to work well under pressure. He or she must provide continuous service improvement through optimization and maintenance of the Exchange team’s assets, which include servers, load balancers, and anti-spam and various other appliances. He or she will also work to document the environment as required by the contract. In this position, the candidate will also work cases assigned to him as a final tier of support and troubleshooting client issues. The candidate will work with other teams and should, therefore, possess a fundamental understanding of networking and antivirus technologies. Key core technologies are Exchange Server 2010/2016, Kemp Load Balancers, and Cisco IronPort.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. The candidate will provide enterprise-level support and troubleshooting for end users through working with other lower level administrators. Perform root cause analysis on problems related to Exchange Server technologies, which includes working with other teams from other sections. Perform daily, weekly, and monthly monitoring tasks to verify integrity and availability of the Exchange application. Knowledge of PowerShell scripting in this area is a must. Install, maintain, and configure Exchange servers, databases, database availability groups. Review event logs and verify completion of normal tasks. The candidate must think critically to correctly arrive at the definition of a problem so as to solve it.
2. Ability to troubleshoot servers and infrastructure equipment
3. Ability to assess networking requirements and provide solutions
4. Ability to make accurate and independent decisions under pressure
5. Experience with a customer service oriented company
6. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
7. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
8. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.