RCC-SWA WAN Engineer (OMD000385)
The WAN Engineer performs operation and maintenance (O&M) for the RCC-SWA enterprise network infrastructure. WAN Engineers will ensure stability and provide daily support of the Global Network Infrastructure, responding to network issues, and offering expert guidance to site level personnel. Must have a strong understanding of Cisco routers, switches, and VPN devices. Core duties include moves, adds, changes, installs, migrations, and decommissions to core network devices in accordance with change management policy and procedures.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Responsible for maintaining and operating routers and switches throughout the South West Asia Area of Responsibility. Configures Open Short Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Multi-Protocol BGP (MP-BGP), Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Networking (DMVPN), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF), and Quality of Service (QoS). Evaluates network performance and makes adjustments to the network infrastructure hardware and software to include, but not limited to, routers, switches, and network management tools, in order to operate and optimize network performance. Perform capacity planning for communications networks carrying data, voice, and video. The engineer will create and track network issues/requests using the ITSM / Remedy v8.1 ticketing system.
2. Ability to troubleshoot servers and infrastructure equipment
3. Ability to assess networking requirements and provide solutions
4. Ability to make accurate and independent decisions under pressure
5. Experience with a customer service oriented company
6. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
7. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
8. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science or MIS, IS, Engineering or related field. One-year related experience can be substituted for one year of education if the degree is required. One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for one year of experience up to a maximum of a 4-year bachelor's degree in a Software Engineering or Business Information Systems discipline for three years general experience.
Experience: The WAN Engineer should have a minimum of five years of practical experience in administration, data network installation, and/or engineering in an enterprise network environment. An understanding of basic ISP principles and their application. Expert level knowledge of Cisco IOS. An understanding REGX, Python, PHP, Ruby, or other scripting languages is a plus.
Certifications: This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification. The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows:
IAT Level: IAT III
• CASP, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GSEC, GCED, GCIH
• CCNP (Any)
• CCIE (Any)
Primary Location: Kuwait
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
EEO Statement: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.