WAN Security Engineers support Enterprise-class network security technologies, which includes network firewalls, web proxy appliances, and Network Access Control solutions for the RCC-SWA. The WAN Security Engineers are responsible for the operations and maintenance (O&M) of the enterprise-class network security technologies, to include, troubleshooting, optimization, administration, change management and technical documentation. The core network technologies include Cisco ASA Firewalls, Symantec BlueCoat, and Cisco Secure Access Control System.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Provide enterprise-level customer support for all request to modify network firewall access-list; manage access control to all network devices in the theater; troubleshoot and resolve web browsing issues; support request for services hosted in the demilitarized zones (DMZ), and assist with identifying malicious web activity. WAN Security Engineers ensure that all technologies that are managed are compliant with all current DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
2. Provides network security policy recommendations, project planning, change control, firewall management, and access control list (ACL) management.
3. Enforce enterprise security policy.
4. Identify problems and troubleshoot DMVPN phases 1-3.
5. Create and maintain BlueCoat ProxySG web filtering policy, BlueCoat Reporter database, and BlueCoat Content Analysis System (CAS) scanning definitions.
6. Support authentication, authorization, accounting (AAA) & auditing for all network devices and aintain records for accounts in Cisco ACS.
7. Ability to troubleshoot routing protocols
8. Ability to implement standard and extended access-lists
9. Ability to make accurate and independent decisions under pressure
10. Experience with a customer service oriented company
11. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
12. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
13. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
1. Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
2. The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100º F. Candidate must be able to withstand extreme heat physically.