UNICEF works in some of the world s toughest places, to reach the world s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
How can you make a difference?
Under the Supervision of the Operations Manager. The Senior Admin/Finance Associate is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized financial tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative and financial procedures, processes and policies.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
1. Analyzes and maintains an overview of the work of the office to ensure that timely administrative support is provided in general and specialized areas. Assigns, reviews and evaluates work of subordinates directly to meet work requirements. Provides Administrative support to UNICEF staff.
2. Advises and assists senior staff in the area of office management. Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interprets and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations for follow-up action.
3. In addition to general administration responsibilities, follows up and maintains contact with UN agencies on activities related with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport, and similar services. Process payments for service providers.
4. Briefs international personnel on general administrative matters, provides advice, and ensures administrative support, as required.
5. Prepares correspondence, special reports, and justifications, as required, on general administrative tasks that may be of a confidential nature within assigned area of responsibility.
6. Controls and operates the office bank account and Money supplier accounts in accordance with UN/UNICEF financial rules and regulations. Provides up-to-date information on the cash position or status of such accounts including reconciliations of the cash transferred to the zones by the cash supplier. Reconciles bank statements, keeps abreast of all procedures and regulations regarding the maintenance of accounts, exchange and interest rates, etc.
7. Certifies the appropriate, accurate and timely processing and recording of disbursements and payments, (e.g., travel claims, Cash assistance, advances to government, etc.), in accordance with established rules, regulations and systems, and within budgetary limits. Also ensures recovery of advances and accounts receivable.
8. Monitors financial transaction and accounting reports, as well as reconciling of manual accounts, to ensure accurate accounting and up-to-date financial status information. Prepares required reports and statements for the Head of Office.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
; Completion of secondary education, supplemented by professional training in, or Business Administration Finance, Accounting or by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization
; A minimum of 7 years of experience including progressively responsible work in administration and finance activities experience is required.
Fluency in English and another UN language is required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is desirable.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are .