As NOV's Regional Security Manager you will be the subject matter expert and the main point of liaison with all business leaders and personnel in the Middle East and North Africa - establishing all physical security program activities. Y ou will identify, develop, implement and maintain employee security and Crisis Management related processes, primarily within the Region to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure to liability in all areas of physical and personal risk. As Regional Security Manager you will develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with all key senior location managers, executives, operations managers, corporate audit, human resources, and other key functions within the region/company to enhance existing security programs. Key to this role will be your ability to develop and maintain an understanding of NOV's strategic direction, goals, products and services in order to make recommendations which support said goals. Reporting to the Director of Physical Security , you will provide business unit personnel and third party security with training, develop security drills and conduct gap analysis to ensure in country security programs are at their most effective and align with regional and global initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify, develop, implement and maintain security and Crisis Management related processes, primarily within the Region to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure to liability in all areas of physical, information and personal risk
• Establish guidelines and protocols to be used in crisis management should a serious, immediate risk be identified against the company assets or employees.
• Develop, implement, and manages the tactical planning for security services aligned with the organization's overall objectives.
• Provide regional security leadership to the global sites and establish security business plans for a wide range of facilities.
• Develop, plan, organize, and direct the activities of on-site security staff and ensures their actions comply with company policies and legal and regulatory requirements.
• Enhance and/or maintain the Crisis Management program in the Region and interface with the Global Security function. Perform and/or facilitate Regional team training, including scenarios at least annually
• Perform security risk assessments / audits (including third party security) on NOV facilities based on vulnerability criteria to determine appropriate levels of protection and security necessary for the employee/site/facility.
• Prepare security status reports with findings and recommendations on a weekly/monthly basis
• Evaluate all security related incidents and takes appropriate action to prevent recurrence.
• Conduct and maintain an up-to-date threat assessment for field operations, offices, expatriate travel and housing.
• Conduct travel security and manage the security of all NOV travellers entering the assigned region by providing assessments and mitigation strategies for air and ground travel conditions for staff and families.
• Manage the activities and provide leadership direction to the professional, technical and support staff within the organization unit for this region.
• Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times.
• Be familiar with the tenants of business continuity.
• Travel when required as dictated by business need.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information (Functional/Technical Skills)
• Understands the business needs and drivers and connecting them to the objectives of key stakeholders (Business acumen)
• Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept/manage risk and uncertainty (Dealing with ambiguity)
• Be willing to provide colleagues/key stakeholders with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing)
• Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately (Priority setting)
• Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion (Planning)
• Clearly communicates direction and aspirations, sets metrics and conducts regular review with constructive feedback (Managing and measuring work)
• Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs (Process Management)
• Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably (Conflict management)
• Anticipates obstacles and is prepared with contingency plans so as not to impede the drive to the goal; keeps everyone on track (Drive for results)
• Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing (Presentation/Written communications)
• Is a consummate networker who can initiate relationships within and between organisations that leverage the strengths and capabilities of all parties (Organisational agility)
Personal and Interpersonal
• A candid team player who is fair, gains trust and collaborates with peers to solve problems (Peer relationships)
• Promotes a win-win ethos and inclusive team culture in line with business strategy (Building effective teams)
• Able to conceive of a compelling vision for the business and imbue others with the same (Managing vision and purpose)
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
Guards / Security Services
Desired Candidate Profile
• BA/BS in Criminal Justice, Security, Business Management or related field
• BA/BS in Criminal Justice, Political Science, Security, Business Management or related field
• Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
• Law enforcement, intelligence, or military background and training, with a focus on operations
• Working knowledge of developing and conducting security related training
• Investigative or law enforcement experience
Skills, training or special knowledge
• Proficient in both written and spoken business English
• Proficient in Arabic both written and spoken
• Working knowledge of Hindi, or Urdu
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Proficient in other European languages - both written and spoken business
• Electronic Access Control and Security Systems
• Knowledge of applicable criminal law
Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
Participate in training where required.
Health, Safety and Environment
Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.