• Management and coordination of all Estates Management Maintenance Services and deliverables across the company.
• Estates Management Services include but are not limited to, planned and reactive maintenance activities for MEP, building fabric, specialist services systems and FF&E. Projects and variation works including fit outs, refurbishments and change of use requirements. Management and use of the Concept Evolution, Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Life Cycle management, Space Planning, Moves and Changes and Minor Churn services, Document Control and CAD services including management of As Built Drawings, O&M Manuals and Technical Library.
Ownership and management of the annual Life Cycle planning, approvals, procurement and project delivery including budgetary and quality controls.
• Responsible for the Estate Management Service including QHSE policies, procedures and systems that support a safe and professional work ethic and that it remains relevant and up-to-date ensuring they are aware of the Company System, UAE legislation, regulatory compliance and industry best practice.
• Management and leadership of the Estates Management engineering, technical and administrative staff and service providers across all sub departments including MEP Maintenance, Building Services, Project Management and Technical Support.
• Provide direction and support to all staff for the resolution of issues, compliance and all department associated problems by way of mentoring, coaching and recognised engagement and leadership techniques. Develop succession plans for all staff.
• Meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) deliverables as per the contract Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
• Production of monthly and annual operational reports to both specified timeframes and adhoc requests as required. Reports will provide technical detail of the Estate Management services, KPI’s and other relevant information.
• Develop, manage and deliver any additional Estates Management services as required by company.
• Contribute to the preparation of Budgets, financial monitoring and cost controls.
• Implement and manage continual improvement & environmental initiatives, projects and programmes across all areas of the departments including service delivery, staff engagement, cost reductions and innovation.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Job Responsibilities:
• To comply with the organisation’s QHSE policies and procedures at all times.
• Fully support the Deputy General & QHSE Managers in the delivery of the Estates Management Service for QHSE compliance, policies, procedures and systems that support a safe and professional work place and ethics.
• To work safely at all times and to report all hazards and incidents.
• To actively participate in all QHSE training, programs, audits and inspections, as necessary.
• To exercise a personal duty of care for your own health, safety and welfare and to that of all others.
• To lead by example and ensure to protect the environment by conservation of electricity, water and other natural resources, and minimising generation of waste.
Information Security Responsibilities
• To protect information assets including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, accidental or deliberate.
Desired Candidate Profile
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
The Estates Manager should have proven experience in facilities management and the built environment, with emphasis on mechanical engineering services.
He/she should be a highly motivated, flexible individual with energy and drive. Have good planning abilities, an analytical approach to problem solving and a good knowledge of built environment technology. Additionally he/she must be conversant with the requirements of all current relevant legislation.
The Estates Manager must be a good communicator at all levels with the ability to demonstrate strong technical knowledge, advice, and guidance to support the client and key stakeholders. He/she must have had extensive experience of managing multi-disciplinary technical teams in addition to integrating staff from different departments.
• Holder of a degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Ten years in maintenance and operation of MEP services
• Good knowledge and understanding of District Cooling Systems
Demonstrate good leadership, management and interpersonal capability
• Strong technical skills in all aspects of MEP service delivery
• Computer literate – MS Office, Excel, Projects etc.
• Proven analytical capability and problem-solving skills
• Negotiation skills
• Excellent communicator and motivator at multi levels
• Ten years plus in maintaining and delivering MEP services
• Five years plus of managing within an FM environment
• Experience of managing multiple teams
• University or Higher Educational Facility experience is desirable