Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Assistant Representative/Head of Office, and the supervision of the Reproductive Health (RH) Programme Specialist, the incumbent will work at the UNFPA Country Office (CO) in the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of the reproductive health (RH) related projects with due attention to the humanitarian/ resilient operation and in partnership with the relevant national stakeholders, humanitarian agencies, civil society and experts. In 2017, UNFPA supported around 15 RH related projects implemented in more than 40 localities by several implementing partners under the overall guidance of the Ministry of Public Health. These projects reach both Lebanese and Syrian refugees and have directly targeted around 20,000 - 25,000 beneficiaries on RH services and outreach in 2018. Many of these projects were rolled over in 2018 and it is expected that some of them will also be rolled over in 2019 with possibilities to increase by number based on availability of funds. Accordingly, UNFPA Country Office is seeking to recruit a Reproductive Health Coordinator for an initial period of 12 months through a Service Contract modality.
• Organizational Location
The incumbent will be based in the UNFPA CO in Beirut, Lebanon with frequent field visits to various regions nationwide mainly those that are targeted by UNFPA operations.
2. Job Purpose/Supervisory Role
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Head of Office/Assistant Representative and supervision of the RH Programme Specialist, the incumbent will provide overall coordination and guidance to RH related projects supported by UNFPA Lebanon with due attention to multi year funded RH programme(s).
3. Major Activities/Tasks
• Provide needed support/back-up to various inter agency coordination mechanisms (i.e. Health Working Group, RH sub-working group, CMR task force, etc)
• Provide support to the RH projects coordination committee meetings and follow up on implementation of decisions/actions;
• Suggest new partners/experts based on comparative advantage and areas of expertise and who could be entrusted with implementation of various programme interventions to be supported by UNFPA and pursue conclusion of partnership;
• Support in assessing existing partners for possible re-engagement for implementation of various RH components;
• Provide overall assistance and support for various advocacy and media related events and forums as requested;
• Advise on key RH concerns, challenges, and gaps to affected population (in terms of quality, accessibility, availability, affordability, etc) and suggest interventions for filling gaps;
• Prepare Terms of Reference and support in selecting, orienting and guiding consultants on RH related tasks under the various RH projects;
• Advise on assessments/research to be supported/initiated under the RH projects including development and adoption of assessment tools ;
• Provide support to the implementing partners for ensuring realization of planned results
• Support in development/finalization/monitoring/reporting of RH related annual workplans with the selected implementing partners;
• Provide support on the need and rationale for procurement of RH commodities as well as on the monitoring of distribution and utilization by the end-point user;
• Provide overall support in guiding RH implementing partners and consultant to ensure application of and compliance with monitoring tools and reporting requirements towards a harmonized approach;
• Provide support on projects financial management to ensure delivery is in line with approved project budgets and to realize targeted delivery levels, coordinate timely delivery of financial reporting and ensure adequacy with finance and activities;
• Contribute to RH related annual, monthly, quarterly, sector reports, strategies, plans, donor reports, LCRP, etc;
• Provide needed support in RH projects/programmes evaluation through availing related evidence, information, etc as well as input on the evaluation recommendations; and
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the head of office/assistant representative and/or direct supervisor
4. Expected Results
The incumbent s tasks will directly contribute to the following key results:
• RH projects activities and related indicators realized
• RH consultancies undertaken and finalized based on agreed upon terms of reference
• RH projects needs assessed and training plans identified/implemented
• RH reports/documents reviewed, developed and /or submitted
• RH monitoring framework and related tools implemented
The incumbent will also submit a final report on the implementation of all tasks under the TORs at the conclusion of his/her assignment.
5. Job Requirements and Competencies
• Bachelor and/or Graduate university degree in public health/health sciences or related field;
• Minimum of 5 years with Bachelor degree or 3 years with Graduate degree of increasingly responsible relevant professional experience, including experience in RH projects management/coordination;
• Prior training in RH issues and their application in humanitarian, recovery and development settings;
• Knowledge of the Lebanese context in general and its health system/structure in particular;
• Knowledge on complex emergencies and Knowledge as well as of various humanitarian related resources (i.e. Minimum Initial Services Package (MISP) for Reproductive Health in Emergency Settings; IASC Field Manual for Reproductive Health in Emergency Settings; and IASC Guidelines for GBV in Humanitarian Settings) is an asset;
• Prior experience in the UN system is an asset;
• Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic is essential; ability to communicate in French is an advantage;
• Values/guiding principles
• Working in teams
• Excellent relationship and self management / Emotional intelligence
• Communication and analytic skills
• Analytical and strategic thinking and results orientation/commitment of excellence;
• Knowledge sharing / continuous learning
• Building strategic alliances and partnership
• Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
• Skills in research & data collection
• Experience in coordination, advocacy and training
• Capacity to work in a stressful/conflict environment
• Ability to communicate ideas and complex issues and concepts clearly to different audiences, and to write clearly and concisely
• Ability to express empathy for local culture and traumatized individuals, communities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
UNFPA will only be responsible to respond to those applicants submitting the above required documents and in which there is further interest .