IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment communities make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 47 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC Egypt is looking for a business professional to join our team in Cairo, Egypt, as a Research Analyst to support our enterprise hardware research business which covers a range of technologies like servers, enterprise storage, networking equipment, datacenter facilities, etc.
The Research Analyst will demonstrate ability to analyze information about vendors and market trends, update market sizing and forecasts, share opinions and recommendations in written research, respond to client inquiries, and participate in consulting projects.
• Conduct primary and secondary research focused on enterprise hardware technologies in Egypt and the North Africa region;
• Identify key trends and draw inferences from large data sets;
• Create and publish IDC reports and press releases;
• Maintain active relations with key market players in the vendor and distribution channel;
• Collect insights from face to face interviews in the market, as well as conducting effective secondary research;
• Work with and master IDC proprietary software and analysis tools;
• Contribute to custom research engagements;
• Ensuring timely delivery of research and consulting engagements.
• University degree from a well-recognized university
• 3-5 years of similar experience, primary & secondary research is a must
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Advanced writing skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Advanced MS Office Skills (especially Excel & PPT)
• Detail oriented