Our solutions support ICT providers in such areas as business strategy and planning, portfolio strategy, competitive strategy and go to market strategies.
Our information products include market trackers, reports and subscription services, and custom advisory / consulting engagements.
In addition to research and advisory, IDC organizes numerous ICT-themed events targeted at IT decision makers across various industries. The events provide a platform for key stakeholders of the ICT industry to come together to discuss latest technology trends and their impact.
The Software Program advises major global Software and Public Cloud Vendors and partners on market opportunity, market entry, regulations, portfolio strategy, competitive strategy, to name a few, based on deep market research and analysis.
The Program develops and delivers research reports, market data products, and custom consulting projects with specific focus on Software technology areas such as
• Applications software - ERP, CRM, HCM, business analytics, productivity, content & collaboration software
• Infrastructure software security and storage software
• Public Cloud - Software-as-a-service (SaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and Platform-as-a-service trends
• Big data and analytics and related software platforms and applications
• Disruptive technologies such as AI/cognitive, Blockchain and others, and related software platforms and applications
Responsibilities of this Position:
• Develop thought leadership on technology areas relevant to Software Vendors and Public Cloud providers and partners including emerging technologies such as Analytics, Security, AI/Cognitive, Blockchain, to name a few.
• Deliver actionable advice and recommendations to C-level stakeholders at customer organizations, in areas such as business strategy and planning, portfolio strategy, competitive strategy and go to market strategy, and emerge as a trusted advisor to them.
• Oversee the work of a geographically distributed team of experienced market analysts, guiding and mentoring them throughout (1 analyst in South Africa, 1 in Dubai, 1 in Turkey and 1 to be hired in Egypt).
• Review and sign-off of the output of the team including client presentations, reports, data trackers, whitepapers, custom project deliverables, etc.
• Speak / present at client workshops and technology conferences as a thought leader on key technology market trends and developments.
• At least 10 years of experience in the IT sector, ideally with a Software vendor or a reputed Software integration or development firm or a Consulting firm, with significant experience in strategy/planning, product management and marketing, consulting, or market intelligence roles, with exposure to the software and innovative technologies market.
• Good understanding of the software and cloud industry landscape in the Middle East and Africa region.
• A passion for technology and a natural inclination to follow, analyze and comment on latest trends and developments
• Strong research and analytical skills and a sharp eye for detail.
• Ability to work in a very agile and highly collaborative environment.
• Strong people management skills. Experience of managing a multi-cultural team of high-quality professionals.
• Ability to engage with and advise C-level executives.
• A Master s degree from a reputed university with strong academic record at all levels
• High-value personal qualities - resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent, self-confident, high energy, etc.
• Excellent English communication skills oral, written and presentation skills.
• Arabic language skills will be good to have
• High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and similar software
• Willingness to travel (up to 30%)