About Hamad Bin Khalifa University
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 as a research-intensive university that acts as a catalyst for transformative change in Qatar and the region while having global impact. Located in Education City, HBKU is committed to building and cultivating human capacity through an enriching academic experience, innovative ecosystem, and unique partnerships. HBKU delivers multidisciplinary undergraduate and graduate programs through its colleges, and provides opportunities for research and scholarship through its institutes and centers.
About Qatar Biomedical Institute (QBRI)
QBRI is a national research institute within Hamad Bin Khalifa University. It aims to improve and transform healthcare through innovation in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting the Qatari population and the region. As a disease-focused institute, QBRI concentrates on applying integrative and multidisciplinary approaches to provide novel insights into the molecular basis of breast cancer, type-2 diabetes and neurological disorders, and the development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies to facilitate early diagnosis, treatment and management of these devastating diseases towards improving personalized medicine and healthcare.
HBKU s QBRI is seeking to hire a research grants specialist.This is a temporary position .
The incumbent will be responsible for:
• Managing internal grants, ensuring adherence to budget, schedule and scope
• Facilitating the process of account set-up for internal grants, in collaboration with QBRI s research financial manager and HBKU/QF Finance
• Ensuring that project expenses are charged correctly to the right account by coordinating with QBRI Finance and the operations teams
• Serving as the focal point for all internal, grant-related matters with the QBRI operations office
• Suggesting appropriate methods for budget administration, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing and monitoring receivables for projects
• Ensuring proper closure processes for completed projects by verifying deliverables and closing accounts
• Establishing effective communication channels with all project teams and stakeholders
• Preparing a variety of reports covering grant budget statuses and forecasts
• Developing and updating policies and procedures for QBRI s internal grants
• Ensuring that all grants and related contracts are well administered and implemented in accordance with QBRI and HBKU regulations, procedures, and requirements
• Working to streamline and maintain a single, accurate institutional database of grants and contracts
• Identifying and disseminating details of grant opportunities and funding schemes, and serving as an institutional resource for attractive funding opportunities, national and international
• Contributing to grant audit review activities and ensuring timely closure of audit recommendations
• Providing guidance to the principal investigator on the grant projects requirements of the e.g. institutional review board (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), among others, and consulting with the institute s compliance office as necessary
• Reviewing and processing research agreements and contracts to ensure alignment with QBRI, HBKU policies, and Qatar s regulations
• Developing, in consultation with QBRI s investigators and management, monitoring and evaluation plans for research grants
• Providing timely, accurate reporting to QBRI ED on grant performance and related activities, as well as identifying and recommending new ways for improvement
• Other tasks as assigned
The successful candidate should have:
• A BA degree in the sciences or health-related management
• A minimum of five years of experience in research grant management
• Strong experience in research practices and biomedical operations
• Sufficient knowledge and a thorough working experience of budgeting and finance, including reporting and presentations
• Excellent and effective communication and organizational skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
How to Apply
Please submit your curriculum vita and the names and contacts of two references through the following link .
Completed applications will be reviewed and interviews will be arranged on rolling basis, until the position is filled.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University is an equal opportunity educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.