Sidra Medicine is a state of the art academic medical center that will function to the level of the highest international standards. Its clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children.
Sidra s Vision is: Sidra Medicine will be a beacon of learning, discovery and exceptional care, ranked among the top medical centers in the world .
Achieving this vision will encompass three essential activities:
World Class: Patient and Family Centered Care Health Education Biomedical Discovery
Once fully operational by mid-2018, Sidra Medicine will handle 275,000 outpatient appointments, 11,000 procedures, 100,000 emergency attendances and deliver over 9,000 babies per year, adding capacity to a rapidly growing population and delivering world-class specialist care.
The hospital will include 10 operating theatres, 400 beds, 100 percent single rooms with a private bathroom, a birthing center and an emergency department.
Department and Job Profile:
The Research branch will house several hundred researchers working on many aspects of Feto-maternal health. It will cover Basic, Translation, Clinical trials and Informatics research. The Department comprises two research floors totaling 10,000M 2 and 9 smaller satellite laboratories throughout the hospital. The department will house basic laboratories as well as state of the art core facilities, e.g. Genomics, medicinal chemistry and Imaging.
The Research Specialist I performs routine and moderately complex scientific laboratory technical work, selecting and applying laboratory procedures and techniques to assignments with clear, specific objectives. Assignments may require investigation of a number of variables and complex features. He/she works with general supervision. The incumbent is required to exercise judgment in making technical decisions related to delegated tasks and escalating complex issues.
Key Role Accountabilities::
Contributes to the delivery of departmental goals, through personal effort in own work area.
Makes recommendations to the Investigator regarding improvements in methods and processes.
Works under general supervision, performs all routine lab procedures, and associated responsibilities, as dictated by the workload in the rostered area.
Solves moderately complex problems and performs a specific variety of technical assignments within broader projects.
Modifies practices and techniques in routine situations to perform duties, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results.
Contributes to ongoing research projects in the laboratory that include taking measurements and recording observations, collecting, compiling and processing data.
Assists in procurement of additional/new funding through contributions to technical proposal preparation and/or presentations.
Trains junior lab technical staff in basics of research workflow.
Adheres to lab SOPs and performs quality control checks.
Stays current with literature in ongoing and proposed research projects.
Assesses lab inventory and orders supplies when needed.
Presents novel research and techniques to research group.
Adheres to Sidra s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
Adheres to and promotes Sidra s Values
In view of the evolving needs and opportunities within Sidra, this position may be required to perform other duties as assigned and reporting relationships may vary.
Qualifications and Experience::
Bachelor s Degree in a relevant field.
3+ years of experience in research laboratory environment.
Certification and Licensure
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated functional knowledge and laboratory experience in relevant field.
• Evidence of ongoing continual development and personal development.
• Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of biomedical research, research equipment and environmental safety and accident prevention measures.
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Fluency in written and spoken English
Sidra s Organizational Values:
• Trust: Being competent; acting consistently, reliably and predictably; acting with honesty and integrity; respecting patient, employee and commercial confidentiality; delivering on commitments
• Care: Acting with empathy, kindness and compassion; being humble; listening and responding; acting with cultural sensitivity; Caring for patients and staff
• Teamwork: Sharing information and knowledge and learning from demonstrated expertise; being respectful, and thereby earning respect of others; acting with professionalism; leading and following; collaborating and being accessible
• Transparency: Frequent and honest communication; open access to information for decision making; willingly acknowledge shortcomings; speaking up about concerns; publishing performance indicators
• Innovation: Freedom to innovate; welcoming ideas and encouraging creativity; supporting talent; creating confidence; celebrating successes
• Efficiency: Providing measurable value; using data to drive decision making; having and achieving clear goals; building processes that work; continuously improving outcomes in patient and family care
Privacy and Application Policy
To the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations, Sidra Medical and Research Center ("Sidra" or "we") collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the principles set out below.
By submitting your CV or job application, you acknowledge that any personal or other information you supply to us may be used by Sidra to assess, evaluate and check your candidacy. You further acknowledge that we may make copies, reproduce, organise, modify, and analyse the information supplied for the purposes of making a selection decision.
You expressly acknowledge that submitting your application does not mean that you will be contacted for an interview or that you will be made an offer of employment.
We reserve the right to discontinue the recruitment process at any stage. Similarly, you have the right to withdraw your active application at any stage of the recruitment process.
We would like to assure your application will be treated with due diligence and thank you for considering employment with Sidra.
Industry Type :
Medical / Healthcare / Diagnostics / Medical Devices
Functional Area :
R&D / Research & Development