Provides respiratory care as assigned. Serves as a resource to healthcare providers in relation to technical and therapeutic aspects of Respiratory Care Services (RCS).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Performs all basic RCS modalities under supervision of Respiratory Therapist on all clinically stablepatients including oxygen therapy, non-invasive monitoring, patient assessment,and bland aerosol delivery, medication delivery via SVN, and MDI with spacers.
2. Performs chest physiotherapy(i.e. percussion, postural drainage, PEP mask, resistive devices, incentive spirometry, etc.).
3. Performs non-invasive ventilation (CPAP and BiPAP) on clinically stable patient as assigned.
4. Performs suctioning of intubated and non-intubated patients, routine tracheostomy changes.
5. Assesses efficacy and patient s response to procedures and makes appropriate notations in the patient s medical records.
6. Performs arterial blood sampling and analysis, blood gas acid based determinations, co-oximetry, andNa+/K+ determinations.
7. Participates in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency airway management according to approved protocols.
8. Responsible for re-stocking ventilators at patient bedside, cleaning, and preparing equipment for sterilization, disassembling, cleaning/decontamination and reassembly of RCS equipment as assigned.
9. Carries out routine maintenance of equipment and maintains RCS workroom supplies including re-stocking Herman-Miller storage bins with needed equipment.
10. Assists in maintaining RCS equipment preventive maintenance schedule as assigned.
11. Reports all results, problems and/or issues, whether patient or staff related to the area therapist and/or supervisor as required.
12. Assists in the education,development, orientation of new employees, and perception of students asassigned.
13. Participates in self and others' education, training, and development,as applicable.
14. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
Bachelor s Degree in Respiratory Care(Non-Saudis), Or Graduates of an accredited Saudi Respiratory Technician program is required.
Grade 7:One (1) year of related experience with Bachelor s or two (2) years with Accredited Respiratory care program isrequired.
Grade 8: * Four(4) years as a Respiratory Technician at KFSH&RC * Average of annual performance appraisal at least (3.5) for the last four (4) years * Fifty (50) hours of cumulative continued medical education [CME] is required.
*Current Registration from country of origin and Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) is required.
*Respiratory Therapy Certification License from country of origin is required.
* Certification in Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is required.
* Endotracheal intubation training is preferred