About Your Job
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high!
Be part of a story worth telling!
Join our award winning Qatar Duty Free team.
We are Qatar Duty Free a shopping emporium at the heart of Qatar s state-of-the-art Hamad International Airport with more than 40,000 square meters of combined retail and dining.
You will be responsible for maximizing sales and profit, ensuring achievement of targets through the delivery of world class customer service and effective merchandising. You will oversee and manage the day to day operation of the entire Qatar Duty Free business including a multitude of high profile brands.
You will manage the retail operation in accordance with company policy in the following areas (but not limited to): Sales, Customer Service, Marketing and Promotions, Staff Management, Merchandising & Display, Stock Control & Handling, General Performance and Main KPIs.
Accountabilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Development of new business opportunities
• Managing the overall retail operation at the airport with the aim of achieving the yearly sales budget
• Managing the overall shop layout, including Merchandising layouts, Price Ticketing, Display/Showcases, Light Boxes to enhance the appearance of the shop
• Overseeing all day to day operational issues in Qatar Duty Free
• Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with staff and all other stakeholders Overseeing the implementation of the company s scheduled stock counts, in conjunction with stock control, to provide accurate records for the company and minimize stock issues
• Managing and ensuring that sufficient control measures are in place to secure both stock and cash at the shops, stores and warehouse
• Overseeing the warehouse operations ensuring the smooth and speedy movement of stocks into and out of the stores
You will have a minimum of 10 years experience with 7 years as Retail Manager in a similar operation such as fast moving consumer goods, luxury branded products. It is preferred that you have management experience in the Duty Free business.
You will have the proven ability to be sales focused, but with a broad retailing background including, but not exclusively: purchasing stores, marketing and promotions.
Your in depth knowledge of retailing is essential; encompassing issues such as margins, pricing, retail IT systems, merchandising, in store stock layouts, price ticketing, warehouse/store logistics, passenger traffic trends, customer service standards, promotions and new business developments.