Reverse Osmosis (RO) Desalination Specialist
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 100 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added-value across the full cycle of hydropower egineering projects such as hydropower & water resources, operation support and water supply & sanitation. Backed up by extensive international expertise, Tractebel's ambition is to shape a new sustainable living environment.
The working environment
You will report to the Project manager and/or to the Construction Manager in Saudi Arabia.
The job will be based in the Tractebel Engineering project offices in Saudi Arabia and/or at a project site located in Saudi Arabia.
To be a part of the Owner's Engineer (OE) project team to manage the site supervision of the construction of the Seawater Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) desalination project. The mission includes managing the site supervision of the EPC Contractor's construction works, as part of the OE team with specific focus on SWRO Process related equipment.
• Lead and provide technical support for implementation of the SWRO desalination projects, working as the consultant on Owners Engineering missions with specific focus on the site construction supervision of the SWRO desalination project
• Review the EPC Contractor/OEM's site construction programme of the SWRO Plant and comment on the practicality of implementation
• Review the method statement of the SWRO process related equipment and verify its compliance with reference to the project specification, applicable codes and standards and good industry practice
• Review the Site Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) for the SWRO process equipment
• Carry out site inspections for the SWRO process equipment as per the ITP's, method statement and advise observations, Non-Conformity and punch points
• Verify whether adequate supervision from the OEM's are available for all major and critical equipment of the SWRO process
• Verify whether the interface construction with the Client interfaces and other sub-contractor interfaces is constructed in accordance with the drawings and method statements
• Verify the Mechanical Completion of the SWRO Plant
• Review the EPC Contractor/OEM documentation on the pre-commissioning, commissioning plans, procedures, start-up and acceptance tests, performance test and reliability test procedures
• Witness the pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and acceptance test for the SWRP process equipment
• Witness the performance test of the SWRO Plant, verify whether the performance guarantees as per the EPC Contract are met
• Witness the reliability run test of the SWRO Plant and advise any major issues noticed in operation of the SWRO key process equipment
• Support the OE Construction Manager to verify the functional guarantees and completion of the SWRO Plant are met
• Review the punch list of the SWRO equipment
• Review the as-built documentation for the SWRO equipment
• The candidate shall be a holder of university degree in chemical or mechanical engineering with not less than fifteen (15) years' experience in the same field.
• An understanding of a design consultants/owners' engineer role including site supervision tasks
• Experience in the ME region with EPC's /SWRO OEM's / International Engineering Consultants for execution of projects
• Able to communicate fluently in English, Arabic is an advantage
• Degree should be attested by Saudi Embassy
What we offer
• An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
• A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
• An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
• A temporary contract (15 - 27 months) to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
• Posting Date: Oct 24, 2019