Manage team to provide support and technical advice on rigging and moving machinery, supervises transportation removable & installation of equipment.
• Ensure the effective achievement of maintenance services departmental objectives through the leadership of the support service section (setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal) in order to maximize output.
• Conduct frequent site visits to ensure proper execution of work by Rigger and crane operator engaged in rigging activities.
• Hands-on supervision of all rigging activities, especially technical issues.
• Ensure that planning, scheduling and unscheduled activities are carried out efficiently with quality service.
• Supervise the maintenance and repair of all of type of fire engine, air compressor, fire pump, fire truck, ambulance truck and B/A trailer, preventative maintenance and repair are done in a cost effective manner, with attention given to quality and meeting deadlines.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within the workshop section to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality services and a responsible environmental attitude. Also, ensure enforcement of SASREF Golden Rules.
• Review & approved all lifting plan (SASREF & contractors).
• Interview & accept the new riggers who will be involved in rigging activities.
• Responsible for the implementation of 5S and other HSEQ standard within the rigging area.
• Leads a group of at least 20 rigger & operator within SASREF.
• Control & manage service contract under rigging section.
• Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to riggers and operators.
• Identify employee training needs and develop/deliver appropriate technical training programs to ensure that all personnel possess the required skills and knowledge to fulfil their accountabilities in a competent manner, and to ensure that their skills are improved.
• Ensure that the rigging equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems within the budget target.
• Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
• Maintain rigging equipment s equipment records and ensure they are accurate and accessible.
• Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with rigging activities.
• Prepare the required MOC while carrying out any temporary repairs and arrange to get the signature as per MODA.
• Ensure the proper preservation of the rigging equipment in the rigging warehouse.
• Monitor the financial performance of the rigging section against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly, with potential performance improvement opportunities capitalized upon.
• Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all rigging activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
• Monitor the usage of the materials, spare, and consumable items to ensure that consumption is consistent with budgeted assumptions and that there are no shortages.
• Support and full comply with Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
• Ensure of all assigned activities during shutdown and turnaround are delivered in quality, safely and within timeframe.
• Comply with central W/S KPI & SASREF KPI.
• Workplace (WPS) and Process (PSM) Safety, Within the position holder s area of responsibility:
• Ensure that the safety & well-being of employees, contractors, and others are always the first consideration in decisions on cost, production, quality and productivity.
• Enforce operational discipline by ensuring all workplace and process safety procedures and practices are understood and implemented in order to avoid potential WPS and PSM incidents occurring.
• Apply the SASREF HSE Policy; the 5 Safety Principles, and enforce the 12 Golden Safety Rules.
All relevant leading and lagging HSE KPIs Within the position holder s area of responsibility as identified in:
• The SASREF HSE Business Plan
• Area SPIRIT Plans
• Site and Area HSE Dashboards
Qualifications & Experience
• Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 8 years relevant experience
• Rigger I certification