GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops, maintains and upgrades manual or automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
• Performs usability testing for total system performance, reliability, scalability and security.
• Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
• Controls and manages own daily test activities.
• Provides internal quality assurance.
• Supports test lead to identify risks and develops mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and maintains the test script library.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of methods, tools and technology used in software testing
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets needs of client/business partner
• Knowledge of basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies
• Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques and principles with expertise in at least one object-oriented language
• Knowledge of functions, features and components of existing and planned operating systems and applications
• Skill in understanding and focusing on the client needs
• Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
• Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
• Ability to deliver results under pressure
• Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills working with technical and non-technical individuals
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public