JA363 - Project Safety Manager
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: £Competitive Expatriate Package
The Job Holder is primary responsible as the Safety Manager for supporting projects Operations Director.
The Safety Manager is responsible in the design, implementation and governance of the Safety & Environmental Management System (SEMS) for safe operations.
This includes specific responsibility for the management of an up to date Safety & Environmental Management Plan.
As the most senior Safety and Environmental representative at project, the Safety Manager will be required to provide guidance to all areas of the project s operation.
Represent the company on all safety matters relating to project s operations at; including management of project s interfaces with the Customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
The Job Holder will be required to hold a level of Delegated Engineering Responsibility from, ensure that the appropriate level of Safety & Environmental Management processes, standards and assurance activities are applied effectively.
• Develop and facilitate Safety and Environment Management System (SEMS) and act as the safety management primary point of contact with all safety stakeholders as well as produce and maintain the Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
• Managing the requirements of the Safety and Environmental Management Systems are effectively managed and implemented with the complete operation.
• Ensure the Hazard Log Management tool is effectively maintained and managed.
• Ensure all accidents, incidents and significant near misses are investigated, measures to prevent reoccurrences are identified and implemented, and the learning outcome communicated appropriately.
• Managing a Safety Programme Plan (SPP) (schedule) capturing all safety management activities, with progress reported on a monthly basis and effectively manage all external audits / assessments are planned and any corrective actions are resolved in a timely manner.
• Management of the effective implementation of the Company Systems Saudi Arabia Safety & Environmental policies, mandates, processes and procedures would be a role accountability as well as managing the production of a set of maturity matrix reflecting the maturity of SEMS and Safety Culture.
• Ensure that the Safety Management System is deployed as defined by customer, contractual and legislative requirements, as well as manage the production of Hazard Log, including conducting formal hazard risk assessments and continually.
• Review the Hazard Log, including any mapping into the Risk and Opportunity Log
• Manage and support the relevant Safety Action Groups (SAG), as required and provide support to the Operations Director in his involvement in the Customer s Safety Reviews.
• Manage the compilation of LCM/ELC Safety documentation, as required and manage the required Safety Management processes and procedures.
• Support the Enterprise Project Safety & Environmental Committee, as required.
• Provide guidance and advice on all aspects of Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
Identify and ensure the safety training requirements are identified, captured, and appropriately managed.
• Ensure that appropriate safety objectives are flowed down and met by direct reports.
• Ensure the consistent delivery and completion of mandated The Company Systems Saudi Arabia Safety awareness training across.
• Support regular reviews of SHE across the project and comply with all other responsibilities listed for All Employees .
Skills & Experience:
Prime Contracting Experience would be essential as well as extensive Product Safety & Environmental Engineering company/industry knowledge, managing significant and diverse Safety & Environmental Engineering activities, across several phases of the engineering lifecycle.
• An understanding of RSAF organisational structure and regulatory frameworks, safety, environment and airworthiness.
• Customer and Supplier relations experience as well as significant knowledge and experience in the application of external regulations or standards (e.g.
Part 145-part M, Def-Stan 00-56, Def-Stan 00-970, PUWER (1998), HSE (1974) and RIDDOR (1995) etc ) applicable to the operation and continuing airworthiness of an Officer & Aircrew Training service would be a recruitment specification.
• Understand the hazards and level safety risk likely to be present in a supplier s product / service and is able to formally assess and challenge the supplier s mythology for demonstration and compliance with safety requirements.
• Educated to Honours degree level and preferably with Chartered Engineer status or educated to an MSc level within a safety related discipline but not essential.
• Experience of the development and implementation of Safety and Environmental Management Systems as well as practical experience in one or more of the following systems: aircraft maintenance, airworthiness, an aircrew training service provision.
• Experience of aerospace product and support design and development activities through qualification, acceptance and service delivery would be essential as well as experience of the development and application of engineering process, organisational design, and functional governance.
• Knowledge of Design Organisation Safety, Maintenance organisation safety, airworthiness engineering process and procedures and flying safety as well as practical experience and knowledge of the LCM and ELC process, handbooks and guides.
• Strong technical and interpersonal skills with an ability to apply innovative thinking to problem solving.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.
• Start: ASAP
• Rate: £Competitive plus Expatriate Package