Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people s lives?
Careem is the region s leading ride-hailing service that provides reliable, safe and affordable transportation choices via a mobile app, on the web and through a call centre. Careem is a pioneer in the region s sharing economy its mission is to make people s lives simpler and build an institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem is now the only unicorn in the region and operates in more than 120 cities across 14 countries in the broader Middle East, including North Africa, Turkey and Pakistan. Read more about us www.careem.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
The safety & security (S&S) of our captains, customers and colleagues is paramount to Careem s mission and is a strategic priority. This role will have significant impact on the S&S mission to make Careem the safest form of vehicular transport by leveraging technology, data and processes. We set the standard for other ride-hailers to follow.
This position has two core elements; to drive the strategy for S&S and project manage initiatives across multiple operational dimensions and across our expanding market.
• Scope, qualify and create the business case for innovative and meaningful technology and operational initiatives
• Cooperate with other functional teams to design seamless end-to-end and integrated processes and initiatives
• Design processes to capture and structure data feed so that our initiatives can be effectively measured and calibrated for maximum impact
• Collaborate with functional leaders to ensure that S&S processes and awareness is forefront in their planning
• Stay close to our physical security and operational managers so that their needs and requirements can be prioritised in the initiative pipeline that this role will be responsible for
• Support the implementation and maintenance of best practises
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, a strategic background and mindset, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
• At least 5 years strategy and/or operations experience in a consulting context
• Demonstrable experience in project management
• Very strong problem solving experience
• Proactive, make things happen business approach. Seeks out problems and opportunities for change
• Approaches work objectives with a sense of urgency and passion, and a dedication to exceed performance expectations
• Proven track record of success with metric driven results
• Track record of driving results through cross-functional collaboration
• Analytical skills with an ability to clearly translate results into actionable insights
• Excellent communication, verbal and written, skills in English. Arabic language skills is an advantage
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company and shape its direction. We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits.
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :