Description: Job purpose:
Responsible for monitoring and coordinating statistical information to support sales functions, monitoring sales achievements vs. sales plan and previous years, developing analytical reports based on market intelligence and providing information to the sales planning process based on knowledge of market data. The Sales Analyst also prepares reports for and works with sales and marketing during the planning process, monitors sales and analyzes performance trends to identify issues and opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Provides support for the sales team to include coordination or analysis of sales planning and administration activities.
* Compiles and analyzes reports in compliance with daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements. Reports may include: margin, pricing, fill rates, pending orders, shipment performance, forecasting, vendor payment inquiries, individual sales revenue to cost, profit and loss, weekly sales report, and tracking key performance indicators.
* Creates concise reports and trend line analyses from raw data by collecting and analyzing sales related information in an ongoing effort to increase sales productivity.
* Provides assistance to sales and trade activities for distribution to a variety of functional areas including Demand Planning, Business Management, Sales and Trade.
* Monitors budgets by tracking spending and completing budget reports; complete the annual budget proposal, researching past expenditures, compiling data, and projecting expenditures for the following year.
* Provides forecast input formats to Field Sales by hierarchy level. Updates forecast inputs to ensure accuracy and ease of use. Receives internal/external information related to volume forecast and compiles reports.
* Develops reports through the SAP systems.
* Acts as the liaison between the field and the company help desk. Reviews and assists with the implementation of new and current hardware and software applications and initiatives for field sales.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Marketing or related field and 2+ years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access).
* Experience with Business Warehouse, SAP, Blacksmith, Vistex, or Sales Discovery is preferred.
* Strong grasp of the current regulatory environment, transaction cycles and operations
* Experience with Nielsen/IRI and other syndicated data, preferred.
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Strong oral, written and verbal communication.
* Highly organized, detail-oriented and excellent customer service skills.
* High level of communication skills oral and written
* Collaborative working
* Highly organized and structured
* Ability to multi task
* Attention to detail.