JOB TITLE: Sales Associate (General Application)
REPORTS TO: Retail Supervisor / Retail Manager
DEPARTMENT: Paris Gallery Chain
There are 3 levels within the Sales Person Job Family. Level 1 Sales Associate, Level 2 Sales Representative and Level 3 Sr. Sales Representative.
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT:
The Sales Person is responsible for maximizing sales through excellent customer service, product knowledge and team work. Sells floor merchandise and/or assists customers with purchases, orders, and/or deliveries, as required. Restocks shelves and maintains merchandising and visual display standards. Implements stock control and security procedures and maintain appropriate records.
Financial: Assigned Sales Targets
No. of Employees Supervised: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. SALES GENERATION
• Achieves and exceed sales targets.
• Promote maximum sale of merchandise by understanding customer needs, explaining features and benefits, overcoming objections, selling add-on merchandise.
• Give alternative products when out of stock situations arise.
• Promote link and bridge sales.
• Adhere to the department discount policy.
• Make use of all promotions and events inside and outside the shop to increase sales.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE
• Greet customers as per Paris Gallery standards.
• Personally acknowledge all customers you see.
• Adhere to the Paris Gallery grooming standards.
• Offer refreshments to all customers.
• Keep all promises made to customers.
• Refer back to customers within 24 hours of query.
• Keep customer database up to date.
• Follow up all customer repair issues (watches/accessories/sunglasses).
• Answer telephones timeously and take accurate messages.
• Escort all customers to the cash desk on closing a sale.
• Offer gift wrapping services to all customers.
3. PROMOTIONS AND EVENTS
• Know and understand the mechanics of promotions and events.
• Support all promotions by being aware of current promotions.
• Explain promotions to customers.
• Order promotional stock in advance.
• Ensure advertised lines are in stock and are properly presented.
• Maintain all merchandise and displays.
• Achieve promotional targets.
4. MERCHANDISE PRESENTATION & HOUSEKEEPING
• Adhere to the merchandising checklist.
• Display all merchandise according to company standards.
• Display of new lines timeously.
• Keep the company housekeeping standards high at all times.
• All housekeeping duties to be done on an ongoing basis.
5. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Attend all training offered.
• Share supplier training information with colleagues.
• Maintain a professional image and conduct during all training.
• Take responsibility for self development and increase one s product knowledge by reading catalogues, magazines, labels, etc.
6. STOCK MANAGEMENT
• Know how much stock is in your section.
• Ensure top selling lines are in stock.
• Plan with your Section Supervisor how to move slow selling stock.
• Tell Section Supervisor of any stock related issues.
• Ensure stock transfer in and out is done within 48 hours.
• Manage damages and breakages.
• Adhere to stock delivery and acceptance procedures.
• Discuss ideal stock levels with your Section Supervisor on a monthly basis.
7. SUPPLIER LIAISON
• Maintain professional relationships with all suppliers.
• Do not misuse supplier samples, GWP s or promotional offers.
• Do not pass on confidential company or sales information.
8. MARKET AWARENESS
• Be aware of competitor s prices, products and promotions and inform your Section Supervisor.
• Assist in protection of the showroom assets by correctly carrying out procedures for prevention of theft.
• Report any staff/customer dishonesty or irregularity to the Supervisor.
• Report and/or prevent any security hazards such as fire and physical threat.
• Ensure that all the barcodes are properly fixed on the merchandise.
• Record daily sales figures separately and keep any related paper work up to date.
• Wear the company uniform in its entirety in a neat and smart way.
• Follow the company dress code strictly.
• Maintain excellent hygienic standards by being neat and clean.
12. Performs any other miscellaneous job related duties
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: (To communicate matters relating to day to day activities of the job responsibilities)
Customers - In the process of selling and Brand related issues
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
High School Pass Certificate
0-1 year experience Sales Associate Level 1
2 years experience Sales Representative Level 2
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of English language; Knowledge of Arabic preferred.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Ability to sort, checks, count, and verify numbers.
• Knowledge of retail floor sales techniques.
• Knowledge of retail floor merchandising and stock control procedures.
• Knowledge of sales promotions and events.
• Knowledge of basic visual merchandising techniques.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of shop security and safety procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to interface and influence customers.
• Good housekeeping abilities.
• Good interpersonal skills to deal with customers and other employees.
Passion for retail, pleasant personality, courteous, polished manners, service-oriented, good communication skills. Selling skills: ability to influence and persuade customers to buy company products.
Sign in to apply