The chosen candidate is managing Corporate accounts within the Sales & Marketing department and possibly working with local and international travel agents/ tour operators, conference-meeting-incentive organizers/DMC for individual and group bookings.
Responsible for managing their assigned group of agencies and following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of group & travel trade segments through existing clientele and key prospects.
Directly reporting to the Sales Manager, in charge of MICE segment, while assisting to and cooperating with the Director of Sales in reaching the targeted goals as defined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel s wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel s classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Solicit existing and potential customers and follow up established accounts on regular basis by phone, by correspondence or by personal contact.
• Set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts from corporate commercial accounts.
• Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
• Negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding individual and group business.
• Follow the sales and marketing results and propose corrective actions if needed.
• Explore industry related data, new developments in certain agencies structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be interest and benefit of the hotel and to distribute this information to their colleagues.
• Entertain decision makers of the Clients in the F & B outlets of the hotel and to take part in promotional activities with them.
• Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.) Also explore and compare FIT and Group traffic (who is accommodating guests in which hotel) amongst the competitors.
• Bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities and invitation lists.
• When necessary, handle the group and individual reservation requests personally.
• Maintain the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA) which will be capable of identifying report sales calls and other sales activities and carry out updating exercise in certain periods of time.
• Update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and informs hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
• Participate preparing the sales action plans, attending sales meetings, developing new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department and/or FB.
• Take part in sales training programs, trade fairs / shows, sales blitzes and fam trips assigned by the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing.
• Keep themselves updated with the latest developments in the hotel including all activities, promotions, rates of the Hotel and the other chain hotels.nbsp
• Keep department superiors informed of all changes in the customer profile.
• Prepare reports of eachnbspsales calls covering information about the company, their comments, requirements, complaints, of their customers etc.
• Cover assigned accounts in a designated Segment or geographic area and visit them at least twice annually.
• On weekly basis, prepare an activity report which will cover sales call reports, site inspections, fam trips, new agencies, meetings, entertainment and other functions they participated in during the week and presents to Sales Director.
• Accomplish any additional work assigned by Department head or Division head in the time frame required.
• Cross selling other Kempinski Hotels in the Area and Globally.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum one (1) year experience in a similar Sales position, preferably in a 5 star luxury hotel.
• English excellent oral and written skills / Additional language beneficial
• Negotiation skills
• Selling skills
• Knowledge of food production and service procedures
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
• Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.nbsp
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Job ID: 82582694