ABOUT AL BAIT
Al Bait Sharjah, the new luxury resort to be managed by General Hotel Management Ltd (GHM), is set to raise the bar for luxury hotel accommodation in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) cultural city while adding interest and vibrance to the historic inner-city precinct in which it is situated, when it opens at the end of this year.
Developed in partnership with Shurooq (the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority), Al Bait Sharjah is part of the Emirate s largest and most ambitious historical preservation and restoration project known as Heart of Sharjah. The heritage project seeks to revitalise the district and introduce travellers to its storied past. Al Bait is a distinctly unique development as its new structures, following traditional Sharjah architecture, are constructed from the restored foundations of old houses that once belonged to important and influential families. Its name, Al Bait, is hence apt as it means The House : it will be a 10,000-square-metre area in the epicentre of the Heart of Sharjah, its 53 luxury guestrooms and suites, hotel facilities and amenities, coexisting harmoniously with the several heritage buildings in the district.
Given the scale and importance of this preservation project, the detailed efforts by architect firm GAJ UAE Office will transport travellers to that bygone era and they can glimpse the true-to-life daily living experience while on-site. Conservation highlights that guests can look forward to experiencing while staying at Al Bait Sharjah include: a direct connectivity and access to Souk Al Arsah a traditional bazaar and marketplace, in fact, the oldest in the UAE from the hotel, witnessing the conservation of the last remaining round wind tower (a traditional method of ventilation that in recent times have gained scientists interest for its sustainability), and even the incorporation of handcrafted thatched roofs and distinct motifs into the ceilings of the hotels buildings.
Al Bait appeals to both the business and leisure traveller with three different categories of accommodation, of which the more generously sized suites (up to 103 square metres) are particularly indulgent. Arabic influences can be discerned in the Asian design elements for the unmistakable GHM elegance and style throughout the hotel. Adequate meeting spaces makes this a perfect hotel for business discussions while various eateries offer choice options for dining and entertainment. Guests can choose to partake of an international fare at The Restaurant Al Bait s all-day dining venue or experience authentic Arabic specialties in the traditional family sharing style. The Caf is a casual setting for light pastries and tea, always a welcomed spot to people watch and relax. And for those looking to delve into a deeper state of relaxation, a luxury spa the first in the GHM portfolio to feature a hammam as part of its treatment facilities will be an integral part of the wellness offering.
We are excited and anticipating to open a luxurious, boutique, heritage resort in the Heart of Sharjah - the cultural capital of UAE by beginning of 2018. Looking for an analytical and passionate team member with economical insight to be it's
SALES MANAGER - GOVERNMENT
As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for developing and fostering business through pre-active direct sales, marketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel. The position is also expected to develop strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Have a clear understanding of hotel business strategies and goals setting and to determine action plans to meet those goals.
• Conducts daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to the hotel for corporate clients.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new groups to achieve personal and business goals.
• Provides the highest quality of service to the client at all times.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (including generating proposals / contracts, corporate rate letter, customer correspondence, etc )
• Able to support hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
• Accompany sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in developing new accounts and accessing the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings ( including sales calls / entertainment / FAM trips / trade shows etc
• Close follow-ups on all business leads with a 24hrs response lead time to clients.
• Achieves personal and team related revenue goals.
• Minimum of one year of experience as Sales Manager or 2-3 years as Assistant Sales Manager within the industry or a leading international hotel chain.
• Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills with excellent presentation ability.
• Strong negotiation skills with client focussed.
• Hotel Sales & Marketing related courses.
• Effective decision making skills.
• Ability to travel.
• Solid sales and account management skills are essential with a strong knowledge of corporate market and business trends.
• Experience of GCC countries is desirable but not essential.
• Fluent in Arabic, both oral and written (mandatory).
• Possess creative selling ability.
• Good understanding of the local marketing its potential requirements.
• Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications.
• Adequate knowledge of revenue management functions and accounts profitability.
• Intermediate level in use of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook / Word / Excel)
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Sales / Business Development