Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you re happy, our guests will be happy. It s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That s The JW Treatment .
Maximizes revenue through increased bookings across the sales office Provides an efficient and effective process to quickly handle customer enquiries within pre-defined parameters. Communicates booking information to all relevant departments. Effectively presents and sells all conference and banqueting products which meet customer needs.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
• A Full Time position based at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
• Previous experience within a sales environment
• Sales and co-ordination experience with relevant comparable market
• Strong administrative and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of sales data and its use
• Proven record of sales achievement
• Is proactive
• Keyboard skills and computer input
Skills and Knowledge
• Good selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can bring a sale to closure
• Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
• Good customer development and relationship management skills
• Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
• Good understanding of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
• Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
• Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
• Excellent sales skills to upsell products and services
• Ability to manage and balance group and local business
• Knowledge of group business
• Ability to implement successful sales strategies for multiple properties
• Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
• Strong decision making skills
• Ability to influence others
• Good problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including SFA, Opera, Microsoft Office, Internet, PMS, MARSHA etc.
• Good analytical skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong customer and associate relation skills
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Convert business through proposal, negotiation and contractual agreement to ensure all revenue potential and targets are achieved.
• Liaise closely with clients to establish needs and expectations and maintain records to develop sales opportunities.
• Responds to telephone inquires/ requests for group business in the defined timeline.
• Create and maintain accurate customer meeting/event records in Delphi capture feedback and make suggestions for adapting offering.
• Suggests positive alternatives through cross-referrals, and ensures that business booked is within hotel parameters. Processes all correspondence within acceptable agreed time lines.
• Monitor developments, innovations and best practice across the estate and competitor organizations and implement any process that will improve sales performance.
• Ensure follow up takes place with clients and opportunities are sought for repeat bookings.
• Support other hotel associates on their development of sales awareness and selling skills.
• Prepares and maintains accurate account information and profiles in Opera
• Ensure that all sales opportunities are effectively cross-referred where possible using the appropriate cross-sell protocol.
• Produces contracts, proposals, BEO s and other related booking documentation.
• Ensure strong knowledge of cluster Conference & Events products and selling strategies.
• Utilizes selling skills to book all aspects of meeting in one phone call.
• Proficiency in meeting room set-ups, A/V, and other support services
• Strong knowledge of all hotels in the cluster; selling features, benefits and objectives
• Understanding of contract management and legalities.
• Maximize revenue by up-selling creative F & B and other event options
• Understand need hotels strategy as developed by revenue management
• Understand and achievement of team and individual goals
• Systems and software knowledge (Opera, Microsoft Office, Internet, Marriott Global Source)
• Perceive the wider impact of issues on the immediate business environment
• Communicate the vision in the way that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
• Focus on the customer and find ways to meet, exceed their expectations
• Build productive relationships with colleagues both internally and externally
• Identify and manage the best resources to effectively deliver project plans.