The client is a Dubai Government-funded startup. It intends to be the dominant B2B marketplace for the MENA region and is seeking to simplify and enhance digital B2B trade through a centralised, digital and safe procurement platform tailored for buyers and sellers. It will offer value-added services that will include finance, insurance, contracts, escrow accounts, logistics, inspection and customs clearance. It will offer multiple categories ranging from office supplies, food and beverage, fashion, packaging, electronics to industry materials and machinery.
We are currently seeking a Sales Manager to focus on the Retail market as part of our dynamic sales team.
The Sales Manager will build the customer base of retailers. He/she will own the relationship with Retailers (Major and medium). Will ensure the delivery of exceptional operational, commercial and customer Service to Retailers.
• Achieve Retail Revenue targets for Food and Beverage category in the UAE
• Establish relationship with major Retailers in the UAE markets.
• Develop onboarding strategies for the retailers in the UAE.
• Work with Retailers on their purchase requests and allow it to flow on the platform.
• Collaborate with the Category management team to ensure that buyer s request are met.
• Ensure that all retailers within the location deliver an exceptional customer service experience and create memorable moments by exceeding their expectations; building meaningful and lasting customer relationships and increase and retain customer loyalty
• Lead the retailers to drive and maximize sales performance on the platform to consistently achieve the overall sales budget objectives while ensuring operational integrity and monitoring monthly profitably
• Consolidate & analyse sales reports on monthly basis, liaise with the Retail Manager to maximize stock potential and devises action plans with corrective measures
• Create and maintain a positive and professional team environment that fosters trust, integrity and superior performance standards, leading by example
• At least 8 years in the retail industry, ideally in Food & Beverage, with a minimum of 4 years as leading a portfolio of stores is essential to be qualified for the role.
• Proven network with Purchasing managers, Purchasing officers, GMs, Operations Managers within the retail space
• Proven track record of managing budgets and P&L
• Experience with managing multiple sales channels, e.g. hyper/supermarkets and smaller retail chains
• Tech-savvy with understanding of E-Commerce platforms
• Strategic thinking and strong negotiation skills
• Fluent in English language. Arabic is a plus but not essential
• University degree in Business discipline preferred
• Must be an experienced driver with a valid UAE driver s license.