We are looking for a strong School HR Officer to lead on and manage all aspects of Human Resources within GEMS Wellington Primary School.
You will need to:
• manage all day to day operations of the Human Resources school office. Manage and oversee Human Resources policies, procedures and systems to ensure consistency and compliance
• Advise and support Principal, management and staff on UAE Labour Law regulations and compliance. Be a source of expertise within school on issues relating to Employment Law, HR Policies and Human Resources best practice
• Support the Principal in managing Employee Relations issues - including performance issues, disciplinaries, grievances and terminations. Ensuring employee relations issues are handled effectively in accordance with UAE Labour Law and GEMS Policy
• Prepare employment contracts and maintain all personal files of employees in coordination with the PRO and Ministry of Labour/Education requirements and in accordance with GEMS Compliance guidelines and audit criteria. Participate in HR Audits and lead on responsibility for post-Audit Action Plan to address areas of improvements in Compliance
• Support and communicate effectively with new employees during the pre-hire onboarding period to ensure a smooth and effective joining process
• Design and conduct new employee orientations to explain school and HR policies, benefit programs, code of conduct, etc.
• Administer and explain insurance benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers. Support employees with insurance related and medical issues.
• Monitor attendance and absence levels and report/escalate issues to Principal. Ensure consistent and transparent approach in handling attendance, leave and absence in school.
• Responsible for recruitment of non-Education roles in school including admin, front of house, IT, finance and operations. Manage end to end recruitment process including advertising (internal and external), shortlisting and interviewing in accordance with GEMS Recruitment SOPs.
• Oversee and ensure compliance with GEMS Compensation & Benefits guidelines and policy including following approved pay scales, compliance with Internal Transfer Policy and C&B SOPs. Maintaining ERP database accurately for all C&B transactions.
• Oversee Performance Management within school ensuring that GEMS guidelines and timescales are adhered to and that all applicable employees have appropriate goals in place. Advise and support management with Performance Management best practice.
• Develop and maintain HRIS database. Lead on HR ERP module within school and model best practice in ERP usage. Participate in ongoing ERP training as required.
• Support, lead and promote GEMS Employee Engagement Initiatives within GEMS Wellington Primary School, Act as an Ambassador and role model for Employee Engagement and participate in wider events and initiatives as required.
• Develop and update Employee Handbook as required.
• Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues as requested.
• Assist and prepare statistical summaries and reports for school and GEMS Corporate Office.
• Provide support to the wider GEMS HR network as required and participate actively in HR meetings and training. Support other HR Officers within the group.
• College Degree preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
• Credible experience of managing employee relations
• Knowledge in general HR office procedures, policies and methods
• A minimum of 3 years experience working in a HR generalist capacity or with a specialism in Performance management, Employee relations, Compensation & Benefits or HR Systems and metrics.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Solid communication skills, attention to details and follow up. Able to multi task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
• Pro-active, positive, solutions oriented approach. Able to be flexible and deal with a degree of ambiguity and work independently.
About Your Benefits
• Competitive salary
• 38 working days annual leave
• Medical Insurance
• Annual Flight Allowance
• School Tuition Fee Concession
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application.
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.