The Science Teacher is to comprehend and implement the Science Curriculum, using skills based learning in student-centered classroom environment. Science Teachers are responsible for the successful class delivery, of the Science program as well as for the continuous improvement of the teaching and learning materials and the provision of support to students.
Job Specifications for the Science Teacher position includes:
• Conducting the required classes as per the curriculum guidelines;
• Following assessment methods;
• Using a variety of teaching methods that motivate & enhance students capabilities to become active learners;
• Evaluating learning outcomes, and all components of program;
• They should manage the class and implement disciplinary rules that are advised by the lead teachers and program manager or respective school principal while taking into consideration, the school regulations. Students progress should be documented and the necessary information, marks and reports should be forwarded as per the program rules and regulations.
Plans and Coordinates
• Teachers are responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of their own students, working with other team members to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
• Teachers Implement the Science Education curriculum and as per instructions relayed from the Curriculum Development Unit. Every team member is encouraged to provide ideas and suggestions leading to continuous improvement of local teaching and learning practices.
• Teachers must align their daily practices with STS Teaching, Learning and Assessment practices with instructional and delivery methods, in line with related performance improvement standards. In so doing, individual teachers are responsible for planning and participating in professional development to further their own knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Science Teachers liaise with school Vice Principal Academics & Curriculum Development Unit, ensuring information exchange, coordination of efforts and specific support for learning initiatives between both campuses.
• Teachers work within their teams to manage the learning of their own students, maintain records, and collaborate with other teachers in a proactive manner.
Monitors and Reports
• Incumbents assess student performance (in a timely and supportive manner) frequently and objectively, regularly updating the necessary systems and support units.
Necessary Requirements for the Science Teacher position include:
• A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience or 5 years of practical experience or a mixture of both teaching and practical experience is required.
• Bachelor s degree in Science - Physics, Chemistry & Biology or related subjects.
• Very good command of verbal and written skills in English
• Commitment to student-centered learning and the learning paradigm.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
The ability to use MS office: word, excel and power point programs.