About our school
Nord Anglia International School Al Khor (NAISAK) is a 3-18 through school with 1000 pupils currently on roll. Secondary is 4-form entry in Years 7 and 8, and 2-form entry upwards, with approximately 360 students aged 11-18. Our school resides in the town of Al Khor, 35 minutes north of Doha (the capital of Qatar). We educate both local and expat students through a bespoke Secondary curriculum which draws on the English National Curriculum, The Qatar Ministry of Education Curriculum and a concept-based approach. Currently, the school is working to develop particular strengths in the areas of English language and STEAM. We also have strong through-school links. The Primary school buildings have recently undergone extensive refurbishment following the opening of our brand-new Secondary building in August. Our students also now benefit from a new 25m pool.
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that being part of our family of 66 schools gives them a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King s College London.
Global academic results for the 2018/19 academic year
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
• This year s average diploma score across NAE was 10 per cent higher than the global average.
• Our groupwide average IB diploma score was 33 points out of 45, surpassing the 2018 average of 30.
• 34 NAE schools offered the IB diploma this year, with 1269 students sitting the exam.
• More than 130 students across the family of schools achieved more than 40 points out of 45.
• We also had four students achieve the perfect score of 45.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
• 50.1 per cent of grades at the equivalent of A*/A (grades 7-9 in the new GCSE framework), compared to 20.6 per cent of students across the UK achieving the same results.
• 39 per cent of grades at A*/A, well above the global average of 25.2 per cent.
• 63.8 per cent of grades were A*/B for the year, also well above the global average of 51.1 per cent.
• 100 per cent pass rate for the second year running from all three NAE schools offering this qualification: Coll ge Alpin Beau Soleil, Coll ge Champittet, Pully and Coll ge du L man
• 32 per cent of students receiving mentions tr s bien for their diploma.
About the role
Join our fast-paced international environment, and you will deliver the UK National Curriculum built with a concept-based approach in mind, and IGSCE/AS-A-Levels. You will challenge your students to set ambitious targets for themselves, and seek out and implement innovative teaching practices to enhance the student experience and outcomes.
For the right candidate, there is the possibility of an additional responsibility to lead STEAM across the whole school (Yrs1-12) The role would include fostering collaboration between Primary and Secondary so that students enjoy a clear progressive path in that field. It would also entail promoting our collaboration with MIT through participation in MIT-led challenges and trips, creating opportunities to embed STEAM in the whole-school curriculum and looking for ways to inject rigour to our STEAM delivery.
PLEASE NOTE expression of interest in the additional STEAM role is purely optional and it is not a requirement of the Biology Teacher role .
Able to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international environment, you will bring a university degree, a recognised teaching qualification and considerable teaching experience to the table. Committed and creative, you will be reflective on your own teaching and student outcomes, seeking out and implementing new ideas and innovative methods to raise the school s level of achievement.
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships with parents and students. You will also be able to meet visa and teacher licensing related restrictions for Qatar. In order to satisfy the Ministry of Education regulations, as a subject teacher, your first degree must be from a face-to-face establishment (not online) and your age must be below 50 on entry to the country.
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of more than 13,000 people working together to support our students success. We offer you unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family, to access extensive professional development, and to gain exceptional experience and career development in our schools. At Nord Anglia, you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.