Directs and coordinates the medical and clinical activities, as well as administrative functions within the Section of Critical Care, in addition to clinical duties as Consultant.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
• USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
• Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
• UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
• Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
• Sweden: Swedish Board
• Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
• Five (5) years of training in sub-specialty plus post-training experience required
• Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops the Section's strategic plan, goals and objectives and provides periodic reports to the Chairman on status of operation.
• Represents the Section views as expressed in obligatory monthly Management Meeting to the Department and the Hospital.
• Presents information given to him/her by the Chairman and the Hospital Administration to the Section members.
• Ensures the presentation and attendance of Section members to educational activities, meetings, task force, Hospital committees and requests a quarterly feedback in writing from Section members.
• Appoints or recommends Section members to work groups and Hospital committees.
• Conducts Section Management meetings in compliance with Department guidelines and organizes regular meetings to discuss and implementation and progress of research projects.
• Oversees the functions of the Medical Intensive Care Unit.
• Evaluates staff's performance and recommends merit increase to the Chairman.
• Delegates administrative/educational authorities to members of the Section.
• Assesses continuously staff requirements within the Section and recommends recruitment.
• Organizes on-call schedule, leave plans with proper service coverage, i.e. rounds and consultation in compliance with the Department's guidelines.
• Participates in the preparation of the annual operating and capital equipment budget for the Section.
• Develops, implements and constantly reviews the Section services including inpatient consultation services and ensure collaboration with other Departments, e.g. Nursing Services, Appointment & Admission Services, etc.
• Implements and ensures highest standard of service practiced upon state-of-the-art principles using QA and other review mechanisms.
• Ensures adequate coverage in emergency situations.
• Develops and revises clinical pathways for the Section.
• Reviews and acts upon referrals from Medical Eligibility Services within 24 hours.
• Ensures that adequate educational activities are carried out in the Section and if needed to implement and construct new activities.
• Prepares a list of education sessions and staff participation in Departmental, Interdepartmental and Hospital wide educational activities.
• Ensures that national participation of educational activities is adequate whether it is by Outreach Program or invited speaker sessions or national conferences and symposia.
• Ensures that members of the Section attend and participates in international meetings.
• Ensures development of educational material to other Section members.
• Raises funds for education, e.g. for members of the Section to attend conferences, symposium and meetings.
• Initiates, encourages, develops and supervises research projects or clinical protocols within the Section in compliance with Hospital's regulations.
• Participates in self, other's education, training and development, as applicable.
• Follows all Hospital-related policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.