Section Head - Emergency Room
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center in Madinah
Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Accountable for all clinical and administrative functions within the Emergency Room Section. In addition to clinical duties as Consultant.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
• USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
• Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
• UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
• Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
• Sweden: Swedish Board
• Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
• Seven (7) years of training in specialty or subspeciaHy plus post-training experience is required.
• Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides required patient care and management in the field of EM in accordance with the Hospital policies and procedures.
• Evaluates and stabilizes patients presenting in the emergency department with an emergency medical condition.
• Treats emergencies and all medical problems, injuries, poisoning/overdoses, and complications of chronic illnesses.
• Assumes responsibility for patients under his/her care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards of medical care laid down by the Hospital.
• Complies with all Hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
• Initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures.
• Eases the pain and anxiety that a medical emergency can cause families through education and counselling.
• Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/surgery and performs procedures/surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
• Documents findings in medical records.
• Follows-up on investigation results for Emergency Room patients and modifies treatment accordingly.
• Shares on- call schedule as per requirements.
• Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
• Develops the Section's strategic plan, goals and objectives and provides periodic reports to the Chairman/Director on status of operation.
• Organizes and monitors respective medical and clinical services and oversees the performance of the members of the Section in order to provide the highest possible quality of patient care.
• Participates in the preparation of the annual operating and capital equipment budget for the Section.
• Organizes the on-call schedule for Section members, and ensures adequate coverage of medical and clinical services at all times.
• Assists the Department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that result in the optimum utilization of all resources within the Department and across the general organization.
• Abides by the current KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.) and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
• Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.).
• Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of assigned medical speciality.
• Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
• Participates in self, other's education, training and development, as applicable.
• Follows all KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.) policies and procedures.
• Performs any other related duties, as assigned.