What You'll Do
The position offers interesting work for knowledgeable and experienced consulting engineers with strong network security expertise and developed customer-facing consulting skills.
Projects vary considerably between security reviews; design and implementation of Cisco security products; and involvement as part of virtual multi-discipline teams as the security lead in large-scale design and implementation projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- ability to take the lead role in projects, supporting less experienced engineers to ensure a successful outcome to the project.
- Responsibility for delivery of both transactional and subscription project
- Lead in large-scale design and implementation projects. These projects entail the integration of multiple technologies that the Consulting Engineer is expected to master such as ISE, NGIPS, NGFW, ESA, WSA, etc.
Who You'll Work With
With a varied workload and travel schedule, you will be working as part of the Global Security Services organization. You will interact cross functionally at Cisco with Project Management Office (PMO), sales/pre-sales team, service delivery and technical support teams. Externally, you will be representing Cisco to our customers and clients as a technical liaison.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 5 years of security experience is mandatory of which at least 2 must be on network security with a deep and primary technical focus.
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment using security products from Cisco and other vendors.
- Very strong technical account liaison and customer management / consulting skills are mandatory.
- Expert level knowledge in network security including architecture and configuration of:
- NGFW/IPS (FP9300/4100/2100),
- ASA and Firepower
- Email and Web security (ESA / WSA)
- Cisco Identity Service Engine, Cisco routers, and a wide range of security products are essential for the role.
- University/college degree equivalent is expected and an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Other beneficial qualifications are CISSP, TOGAF, CCDE, CEH, CISA and CISM, or other relevant security qualifications such as those from Check Point, Netscreen, Symantec etc.