1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general guidance and supervision of the General Manager and within the limits of established IHG and Phoenicia InterContinental Policies and Procedures, responsible for implementing safety and security policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Directs and Coordinates the activities of all security team.
• Ensures that all hotel areas and property are adequately secured at all times.
• Oversees the security department including layout of security personnel and their detailed and regular training
• Coordinates with outside police agencies in the investigation and handling of crimes, accidents, etc, involving the hotel, its employees, or guests.
• Prepares daily incident reports, requisitions, and other inter office memos.
• Ensures that all allegations of the crimes and other incidents are investigated and recorded.
• Liaises with department heads to ensure hotel staff is adhering to established security procedures.
• Develops and recommends to management, safety, and security measures to safeguard:
VIP S and other guests
Special functions in hotel
Vehicles in hotel parking
• Knows the fire panels, different zone, and the fire brigade telephone number.
• Takes action with the property Management System (PMS) in emergency procedures.
• Fully conversant with all hotel emergency procedures and proper application of the hotels contingency plan.
• Complies with the hotel Fire and Evacuation Procedures
• Constantly checks on all fire exits.
• Constantly inspects employees lockers for any damage, theft or any other sabotage
• Overlooks the installations or dismantling of any function-taking place in the conference rooms or any other area in the hotel.
• Prepares security plan for specific events (seminar, conference, government guest, with wedding etc.)
• Enforces among the team members and the hotel employees the policy of the guest confidentiality, as well as the hotel (figures, menus, etc .)
• Conducts security meetings.
• Conducts yearly Performance Appraisals for all security staff.
• Prepares annual security goals.
Ensures all patrolling, inspection and escort duties are performed to a high standard
Demonstrates understanding and awareness of all company Policies and Procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
Familiarizes himself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
Ensures all security incidents, accidents and near misses are logged, investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophe
Controls and analyses departmental costs and implements corrective measures where necessary to produce positive business results
Ensure training needs analysis of your departmental staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs
Participates actively in training and development programs and maximizes opportunities for self-development.
Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance