SYMANTEC is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world s LARGEST cyber intelligence networks, we SEE more threats, and PROTECT more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals SECURE their most important data WHEREVER it lives.
As a Security Strategist, you ll be leading the way in evangelizing our winning technologies. Collaborating with the sales leads within the UK&I region, you ll be driving forward million dollar deals through to closure. With your thirst for knowledge around emerging security trends along with the more traditional security disciplines, you ll be ensuring Symantec owns its number one place within the UK&I market.
Engaging at senior technical and executive levels with customers to develop productive and strategic relationships that will result in the sale of integrated Symantec-based solutions. These engagements must include:
Security Strategy Overview presentation of Symantec s overall threat intelligence data, services portfolio, and security technology vision
Security NextGeneration presentation of Symantec s future plans for technology integration and innovation
CISO Roundtables hosting focused roundtable discussions with multiple customer CISOs (or equivalent) and their peers
First Responder managing Symantec s response to customer outbreaks and data breaches to assist them in their time of crises
Security Strategy Workshop focused conversation with customer CISOs and their teams on their own security goals and programs
Each of these engagements should not only result in stronger credibility for Symantec but identification of new sales opportunities that are passed on the appropriate account team and the specialists that support them for follow-up.
Advocating solution-based approaches to customer security challenges that combine products and technology. It is the responsibility of the Security Strategist to engage in strategic account planning sessions with the sales teams in the area and be an active participant in each district s QBR each quarter.
Providing strategic guidance to Symantec Business Unit leaders and the CTO s office based on real-world customer feedback and broad industry knowledge.
Weekly reporting of newly found opportunities, initiatives and customer activities to the Area SE Director, Area Sales Director and his or her management staff.
Participation in weekly Area Sales Management calls to brief the local management team on emerging topics relevant to their business.
Author whitepapers/articles on security topics. Speak at and participate in security conferences.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT Management or equivalent.
• Successful previous experience in Information Security with a strong background in Security consulting, Vulnerability Management, Risk Management, Data Loss Prevention, IT Audit, Malware Protection, Compliance or Managed Security Services.
• Excellent presentation skills with an ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Proven, productive and relationships with VP and C-Level decision makers that have resulted in increased sales and strategic relationships between customer and supplier.
• Specific experience in assessing customers' technical maturity against their defined goals and objectives and moving these assessments to solutions that furthered their employer s business goals.
• Security Certifications such as CISSP is strongly preferred.
• Ability to handle project management responsibilities for implementation of company related solutions assigned by the manager.
• Ability to articulate Symantec position as a leader in the industry by understanding the competitive landscape and Symantec's unique differentiators over the competitor s point of view.
• Previous vendor and or pre-sales systems engineering experience a plus.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.