The senior account executive (SAE) is the day-to-day senior account contact for the client and the team. Your primary responsibilities are to understand the scope and context of the integrated marketing and PR program; to implement the program with junior members of the staff; drive monthly reporting for all campaigns; and, drive activities to successful completion.
The SAE also holds a higher level media/blogger relationships and a proven track record of successful media and social media campaigns. The SAE clearly understands and articulates what opportunities each integrated marketing channel brings to the client challenge and works with his/her team to execute against the program s deliverables.
A successful SAE will have minimal guidance on day-to-day activities as he/she will be the senior leader on the account, supported by the senior management team. The SAE also comprehends social media and digital marketing initiatives and can successfully manage program execution and day-to-day implementation.
• Writing coherent, concise and factually accurate press releases, articles, briefing documents, press kits, emails, tweets and other materials that require minimal amendments by senior colleagues and clients
• Proofreading all written materials carefully before submitting them to senior colleagues and client
• Possess an established and growing understanding of how the media works in areas relevant to the Company and its clients
• Establishing and managing relationships with journalists
• Fully managing the process of press release distribution
• Proactively researching and managing forward feature and other media opportunities for clients
• Selling-in stories to journalists
• Handling incoming media enquiries efficiently
• Demonstrating confidence and professionalism in journalist and client discussions
• Organising of media interviews, photo calls and press conferences.
• Lead meetings, ensuring that preparation for the meeting is well organized, notes are taken, and a contact report is circulated immediately after the meeting
• Sharing responsibility for discussing/presenting information in client meetings and presentations, as directed
• Sharing responsibility for discussing/presenting information in new business presentations, as directed
• Liaising with clients in a confident and professional manner, establishing and maintaining good working relationships
• Undertaking desk research for client programmes and new business pitches, as directed
• Possessing the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise work appropriately
• Contributing to social media activities of the Company and its clients
• Handling administration for client accounts, including press cuttings management, report preparation and feature schedule updating
• Contributing to new business brainstorms
• Developing useful and relevant business contacts
• Briefing suppliers, such as designers and photographers